What self-check-in options do I have for Vueling flights?
The self-check-in options available from Vueling allow you to save time and avoid queues at the airport:
- Click&Fly – automated check-in.
- Online Check-in – via the Vueling website on a computer or mobile device, or via the Vueling app available for Android devices, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Windows Phone and Windows 8.
For flights from Barcelona Airport, you can also check-in and get your boarding pass at the check-in kiosks. Barcelona airport also has an exclusive check-in counter where passengers who have checked in online can drop off their checked baggage.
What is the closing time for checking-in at the Vueling desk at the airport?
If you haven’t taken advantage of the self-check-in options or these are not available to you, you will have to get your boarding pass at the Vueling check-in desk on the day of departure. The check-in desks open two hours before departure, and the closing time is 40 minutes before departure, with the following exceptions:
- 45 minutes before departure – all flights from Rome (Fiumicino – FCO) and St. Petersburg.
- 60 minutes before departure – all flights from Tel Aviv, Beirut, Algiers, Oran, and Marrakech, as well as flights from Paris (Orly) to Tangiers, from Barcelona to Tel Aviv, and from Madrid to Bucharest.
You must be at the boarding gate 40 minutes before the departure of the flight, and the boarding gate closes 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Your check-in will be instant and free of charge if you book the Optima or Excellence Fare, or the Economy Checked Baggage fare for flights operated by British Airways and booked through Vueling. Also, if you select a seat under the Basic Fare while booking, check-in will be instant.
Once you complete your booking, you receive, besides the confirmation email, another one with the boarding passes attached. This service is available only if your passenger conditions and the departure airport(s) allow the Online Check-in service. In the case of connecting flights, you will also receive your boarding passes by email provided that the airports of origin and stop-over allow this. This service is available for most airports, but, if it’s not available at your departure airport, you must get your boarding pass at the check-in desk on the day of departure.
Most airports allow Online Check-in, but there are certain airports which do not provide this service. Also, some airports allow you to travel with proof of Online Check-in, your boarding pass, printed out or on your mobile phone. To be able to check in online, you must choose a seat. Random seats are available for free from 7 days before departure.
Online Check-in is free starting 7 days before flight departure, and you’ll be allocated a seat at random. Online Check-in is available:
- Up to 24 hours before departure for flights from London Heathrow.
- Up to 4 hours before departure for departures from Almeria, Athens, Bari, Basel, Birmingham, Bologna, Brindisi, Cagliari, Copenhagen, Corfu, Crete, Düsseldorf, Fuerteventura, Genoa, Geneva, Gothenburg, Hannover, Hamburg, Helsinki, Jerez (Cadiz), Karpathos, Kefalonia, Kos, Lanzarote, Luxembourg, Malta, Munich, Mykonos, Nuremberg, Olbia, Oslo, Rhodes, Palermo, Pisa, Preveza, Rennes, Reykjavik, Santorini, Thessaloniki, Turin, Vienna, Valladolid, Warsaw, Zaragoza, and Zakynthos.
- Up to 1 hour before departure for departures from other airports.
Some passengers with special seating needs are not allowed to check in online:
- Minors traveling with the Unaccompanied Minor Service.
- Minors flying without an adult from any Italian airport.
- Passengers traveling with a pet.
- Passengers flying with sporting arms.
- Passengers who have booked an extra seat.
- Passengers who have booked the Pending Passenger service.
- Passengers with a pending payment or a price lock.
- Passengers whose resident status could not be validated online.
- Passengers who require verification of the payment card holder’s identity.
You can get the boarding pass for your Vueling flight in different formats:
- Printed in PDF format.
- On your mobile, via SMS or directly downloaded onto the Vueling app. Mobile boarding passes are available in more than 50 airports.