What self-check-in options do I have for Vueling flights?
The self-check-in option available from Vueling that allows you to save time and avoid queues at the airport is Online Check-in – via the Vueling website on a computer or mobile device, or via the Vueling app available for Android and iPhone devices.
For flights from Barcelona Airport, you can also check in and get your boarding pass at the check-in kiosks. Barcelona airport also has an exclusive check-in counter where passengers who have checked in online can drop off their checked baggage.
What is the closing time for checking in at the Vueling desk at the airport?
If you haven’t taken advantage of the self-check-in options or these are not available to you, you will have to get your boarding pass at the Vueling check-in desk on the day of departure. The check-in desks open two hours before departure, and the closing time is 40 minutes before departure, with the following exceptions:
- 45 minutes before departure – all flights from Rome (Fiumicino – FCO) and St. Petersburg.
- 60 minutes before departure – all flights from Tel Aviv, Beirut, Algiers, Oran, and Marrakech, as well as flights from Paris (Orly) to Tangiers, from Barcelona to Tel Aviv.
You must be at the boarding gate 40 minutes before the departure of the flight, and the boarding gate closes 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Most airports allow Online Check-in, but there are certain airports that do not provide this service. Also, some airports allow you to travel with proof of Online Check-in, your boarding pass, printed out or on your mobile phone. To be able to check in online, you must choose a seat. Random seats are available for free from 7 days before departure.
Online Check-in is free starting 7 days before flight departure, and you’ll be allocated a seat at random. Online Check-in is available:
- Up to 4 hours before departure for departures from Aalborg, Alghero, Almeria, Basel, Bastia, Birmingham, Brest, Bucharest, Budapest, Cagliari, Corfu, Crete, Dublin, Dubrovnik, Genoa, Geneva, Gothenburg, Hannover, Hamburg, Helsinki, Karpathos, Kefalonia, Kos, Krakow, Lampedusa, Luxembourg, Malta, Milan-Bergamo, Munich, Nuremberg, Olbia, Oslo, Rhodes, Palermo, Pisa, Preveza, Rennes, Reykjavik, Split, Tel Aviv, Thessaloniki, Turin, Valladolid, Warsaw, Zaragoza, and Zakynthos.
- Up to 1 hour before departure for departures from other airports.
Some passengers with special seating needs are not allowed to check in online:
- Minors flying without an adult from any Italian airport.
- Passengers traveling with a pet.
- Passengers flying with sporting arms.
- Passengers who have booked an extra seat.
- Passengers with a pending payment or a price lock.
- Passengers whose resident status could not be validated online.
- Passengers who require verification of the payment card holder’s identity.
You can get the boarding pass for your Vueling flight in different formats:
- Printed in PDF format.
- On your mobile, downloaded onto the Vueling app. Mobile boarding passes are available in more than 50 airports.