How can I check in for an Aeroflot flight?
When preparing for your flight with Aeroflot, you can complete the check-in process yourself, at home or at the airport, choosing one of the following options:
- Online Check-in.
- Mobile Check-in.
- Self-service Check-in.
What deadlines apply to checking in at the counter and boarding?
At the airport, check-in of passengers and baggage opens 2 hours before the departure time and closes 40 minutes before the departure time with the following exceptions (unless otherwise provided for in respect of individual flight directions):
- 60 minutes before departure – flights departing from the US (New York, Los Angeles, Washington DC or Miami), Delhi, Dubai, Tel Aviv, Shanghai.
- 45 minutes before departure – flights departing from Switzerland (Geneva and Zürich).
- 30 minutes before departure – Aeroflot-Shuttle flights (Moscow – Saint Petersburg and Moscow – Nizhny Novgorod).
Depending on the technical equipment of specific airports, the check-in closing time may vary.
You have to check in at the counter at the airport:
- If you travel with pets.
- If you have any special requirements or need additional services (escort for an Unaccompanied Minor, baggage on a passenger seat or weapons, etc.).
The boarding gate closes 20 minutes before departure. Passengers who are late for check-in or boarding may be denied carriage on the corresponding flight.
Online Check-in is available from 24 hours up to 45 minutes before departure for flights departing from Moscow (Sheremetyevo) and other airports (up to 1 hour before departure for flights from the US, Tel Aviv, and Shanghai). Online Check-in is available for any Aeroflot (SU) (except codeshare flights actually operated by other airlines), Rossiya (FV) and Aurora (HZ) flights, but it is not available for flights from the following airports: AKX – Aktobe, GUW – Atyrau, BEY – Beirut, BOJ – Bourgas, BHK – Bukhara, PUS – Busan, DAM – Damascus, DYU – Dushanbe, CAI – Cairo, HRB – Harbin, HMA – Khanty-Mansiysk, KSN – Kostanay, LIS – Lisbon, MLE – Male, MCX – Makhachkala, ORY – Paris Orly, RMI – Rimini, RTW – Saratov, CIT – Shymkent, SPU – Split, THR – Tehran, TIV – Tivat, ULY – Ulyanovsk, UGC – Urgench, and VAR – Varna.
Checking-in online is very easy:
- Enter your first and last name and reservation code.
- Review your itinerary and select the passengers that you wish to check in.
- Enter your frequent flyer number if you are an Aeroflot Bonus Member.
- Select your preferred seat.
- Print out the boarding passes individually on A4 paper. If you were unable to print the boarding pass at home, you may print your boarding pass at a self-service check-in kiosk at the airport. If you forget or lose your boarding pass, you have to go to a regular check-in counter at the airport where a duplicate of your boarding pass will be issued.
At the airport, passengers can check in their baggage at special DROP OFF counters (Sheremetyevo Airport) or check-in desks no later than 45 minutes before departure.
To use the Mobile Check-in service, you can download Aeroflot’s iOs (iPhone) and Android applications or open www.aeroflot.ru in your phone browser. Mobile Check-in is available from 24 hours up to 45 minutes before departure for most flights.
Mobile Check-in is not available for group bookings (over 9 people in a group) and passengers traveling with pets or who need additional services (e.g., Unaccompanied Minor service, accompanying disabled people, etc.).
After check-in, the passenger will receive a boarding pass in the form of 2D barcode to his/her cellular phone. When departing from most foreign airports, no printed boarding pass is required.
When departing from the US, the mobile phone displays an Information Map with the selected seat and flight information (not a boarding pass and not accepted for boarding the aircraft). In order to receive a boarding pass, you must print the boarding pass via Online Check-in or go to the airport check-in desk no later than 60 minutes before the flight.
At Russian airports, according to security services requirements, all passengers must have a printed boarding pass for passport control and preflight inspection. At Sheremetyevo, Pulkovo, Adler (Sochi), Rostov-on-Don, Yekaterinburg, and Nizhny Novgorod airports, you can use self-service printers, which are situated before passport control desks (for international flights) or before preflight security check (for domestic flights). At other airports, you may print out the boarding pass at a self-check-in kiosk by using the boarding pass reprinting function.
Self-service check-in kiosks will save your time and will allow you to check in and choose seats onboard. Self-service Check-in is available from 24 hours up to 45 minutes before departure for passengers flying with Aeroflot.
Self-service Check-in kiosks are available at many airports from Aeroflot’s network.