Does Aeroflot offer a special service for children traveling alone?
To ensure an enjoyable travel experience, Aeroflot offers the Unaccompanied Minor service for children aged between 5 and 16 years traveling alone.
When is Aeroflot’s Unaccompanied Minor service mandatory?
Unaccompanied Minors are all children from 5 up to 12 years old who travel without their parents and are not accompanied by an adult passenger. For them, the Unaccompanied Minor service is mandatory.
At the request of parents (guardians), the Unaccompanied Minor service can also be applied to children from 12 up to 16 years old.
Unaccompanied Minor Service
Aeroflot will take full care and provide assistance for the whole journey if you book a ticket for your child, prepare any necessary travel documents and inform Aeroflot that your child will be traveling alone. When all the following requirements are met, Aeroflot shall bear all responsibility for your child until the moment he/she is met at the destination airport:
- Prior consent for the carriage of an Unaccompanied Minor must be given by Aeroflot.
- Parents (legal representatives) must complete and sign an application for the carriage of an Unaccompanied Minor.
- The person (parents/legal representatives) accompanying the child must remain at the airport of departure after the child has checked in, until the departure of the flight. Unaccompanied Minors can check in only at the airport check-in desk.
- Arrangements for the child to be met at the airport of arrival must be made (transfer to another airline of SkyTeam alliance is not stipulated).
- The carriage of the Unaccompanied Minor must be paid in accordance with the applicable rules and rates.
As a rule, minor citizens of the Russian Federation must leave the Russian Federation together with at least one of the parents or guardians. If a minor citizen leaves the Russian Federation unaccompanied, the child must carry, in addition to his/her passport, a notarized consent of the above persons for the trip taken by such minor. The consent must indicate the term of departure and the state(s) that the minor citizen of the Russian Federation intends to visit. This agreement must also be certified by the child protection services if the child leaves the country for a period exceeding 3 months.
Fare and Service Charge
An additional charge, as determined by Aeroflot, must be paid for provision of services of accompaniment for children from 5 up to 16 years old who travel under the supervision of Aeroflot. The charge for the Unaccompanied Minor service is:
- 3400 RUB per domestic route segment.
- 40 EUR per international route segment.
If your child is aged from 5 to 12 years, you will pay the full adult fare (children discounts are not available for Unaccompanied Minors) plus the mandatory service charge. If your child is aged from 12 up to 16 years, the price of the service is 100% of the normal adult rate plus charge for the service provided at the request of the parents/trustees.
In the case of a long connection, Aeroflot can offer your child additional services:
- Soft drinks, tea, or coffee (5 EUR) if the connection time is up to 3 hours.
- Hot meals (20 EUR) if the connection time is up to 6 hours.
You can pay the ticket and additional services provided to your child at any ticket office or at Aeroflot’s ticket office at the airport before the flight.