Link Air Transat Airbus A310 300
0 Helpful votes
- Dedicated Club Class line makes things a lot smoother.
- Lounge access is via Premium Plaza Lounge in Terminal 3 by Gate 34. This is not included in the ticket price so you pay per passenger. I think that in the future this should be included in the ticket price much like any other airline. I understand TS is a "charter airline" but there should be a provision wherein their premium cabin passengers are given this access.
- Boarding is pretty much standard.
- Seat width is 19". I wish they'd match Air Canada's 21"
- Made of dark blue leather.
- Recline is fairly comparable to Economy Class seats.
- No leg rests.
- My overall impression is that the seats are quite worn down and could stand to be replaced. Air Asia, another low cost carrier, has a very decent pared-down premium cabin with lie flat seats. These would definitely go down very well on TS' longer haul flights to Europe.
- Amenity kits were offered on an as-you-need-them basis meaning they went around with bags of stuff and asked Club Class passengers to pick what they needed.
- The biggest disappointment was the lack of an AVOD IFE. I am of the opinion that TS should seriously consider investing in this as they are losing out to other more established airlines.
- Pre-Departure Beverage was offered as well as a small snack bowl of trail mix.
- I don't quite recall if a hot towel service was offered as well (it's been several months since this flight).
- The meal itself was a massive disappointment. The entrees were quite small and were overcooked to the point of mush.
- I appreciate the ability to choose what I wanted to eat several days before my flight but I would rather be surprised by the offerings as long as they were prepared properly.
- I also noticed that after the meal service ended, that pretty much put a close to any beverage service be it coffee or tea or whatever. As there are 2 dedicated flight attendants for Club Class, perhaps a quick round once every 45 minutes would be ideal?
- I would fly TS again. I just wish they flew to a lot more destinations regularly and not just seasonally.
- The A310 is a nice powerful aircraft albeit getting on in years. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing TS livery on a 777-200.
- I do strongly recommend that TS Management consider replacing their Club Class seats and getting an AVOD IFE. It would make travelling ever more pleasant.
- Also, if TS could see its way to creating a Frequent Flyer program, I think they would stand a good chance of retaining a lot more business.
0 found this review helpful. Was it helpful to you? Yes