What check-in options do I have for an Air Transat flight?
For your next Air Transat flight, you can choose one of the two options you are given:
- Online Check-in.
- Airport Check-in – Self-Service Kiosks and Counters.
What are the check-in deadlines for Air Transat flights?
Different check-in deadlines apply depending on your check-in option:
- Online Check-in is available up to 2 hours before the scheduled departure time.
- At the airport, all Air Transat check-in counters will close 1 hour prior to the time of departure. Passengers who fail to comply with the check-in deadline may be denied boarding.
Self-Service Kiosks are available for check-in starting 8 hours before departure at Canadian airports (for domestic flights and most international flights), London Gatwick Airport and Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport.
At the airport, check-in counters open 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for domestic flights (within Canada) and flights departing from Mexico, Latin America, or the Caribbean, and 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of any other flight. Passengers are recommended to arrive for check-in at least 3 hours prior to departure. However, for passengers travelling to the U.S., it is imperative to arrive for check-in at least 3 hours prior to their flight (for security and clearing U.S. Customs and Immigration, additional processing time is required at the airport for most flights).
Your flight may be operated by a carrier other than Air Transat (CanJet Airlines or other). Since the operating carrier’s rules and regulations may differ, you should check your e-ticket to confirm the name of the operating carrier and inform yourself on your carrier’s transportation regulations. You can find all the details you need to know on our page about the check-in process for CanJet Airlines flights. Also, you should not forget to reconfirm flight schedules at least 24 hour (but not more than 72 hours) prior to originally scheduled departure time.
Between 24 hours and 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure time, Online Check-in is available when you have:
- A flight operated by Air Transat departing from:
- Most Canadian cities.
- The U.S.: Fort Lauderdale, Orlando.
- Select international airports: Europe (France, the UK, Amsterdam, Barcelona, and Madrid) and South destinations (Cancun, Montego Bay, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana, Samana).
- A valid passport and a printed copy of your electronic ticket.
- Less than 10 passengers on the same booking number.
Passengers who are ineligible for Online Check-in should proceed to the airport for check-in. Online Check-in is not available for passengers:
- Traveling to/from Port au Prince (Haiti).
- Under 18 years of age and traveling alone on a flight departing from Rome.
- Who require personalized service (such as Unaccompanied Minors Service).
Passengers checking-in online will be able to choose their seats (if you have not pre-selected a seating assignment) and print their boarding passes. Upon arrival at the airport, you can simply deposit your bags at the Baggage Drop-off Counter.
If you want more options when choosing your seat, Air Transat’s Seat Selection service allows you to reserve your seat when purchasing your tickets, or afterwards up to 24 hours before departure. For all flights, a seat selection fee per passenger per segment is applicable:
- $15-25 CAD for a standard seat (without view)
- $10-30 CAD for standard seats with a view (A310-300, A330-200, and B737-800) or two-by-two seats over the wing (A330-300).
- $10-45 CAD for two-by-two seats.
- $25-80 CAD for seats with more leg room (emergency exit and bulkhead row seats).
If you have selected your seat, you must know that seat selection must be claimed at least 75 minutes prior to scheduled departure time, otherwise the seats can be released without the possibility for refund.
Also, upgrading to Option Plus is not available during Online Check-in. You can purchase Option Plus when you book your ticket or, if you already booked your ticket, online or by phone, up to 24 hours before departure. Option Plus is available on all Air Transat flights (on flights wholly within Canada available only purchased as a through fare to/from an international flight) and provides additional privileges and services in Economy Class:
- Free Standard Seat Selection.
- Priority check-in at a dedicated check-in counter and priority boarding.
- An additional baggage allowance of 1 piece of baggage up to 23 kg (except flights to/from Haiti) and priority baggage delivery.
- Priority queue at security checkpoints in Montreal, Vancouver and Ottawa.
- Complimentary snack, beverage and headsets.
- A complimentary Air Transat amenity kit on flights from Canada.
Children aged 11 and under receive the same privileges only with regard to priority services. Prices for upgrading to Option Plus vary between $59.50 CAD and $114.50 CAD one-way for flights to/from Europe, and for other flights from $49.50 CAD to $79.50 CAD one-way.