Does Air Europa offer special services for children traveling alone?
For underage passengers traveling alone, Air Europa offers two companion services:
- Unaccompanied Minor Service.
- Young People Service.
How old must a child be to travel alone on Air Europa flights?
Air Europa does not accept unaccompanied minors if they are not at least 5 year of age. The Unaccompanied Minor Service and Young People Service are offered for children between 5 and 17 years of age, and both services incur an additional charge.
However, children may travel alone, without any additional charge (if no request was made for the special service), after their 12th birthday on domestic flights and after their 15th birthday on international flights.
Unaccompanied Minor Service
For domestic flights, the Unaccompanied Minor Service is mandatory for children between 5 and 11 years old. For international flights, the UM service is mandatory for children between 5 and 14 years old.
Air Europa will not accept Unaccompanied Minors on connecting flights if the connecting time exceeds 5 hours.
Fees apply for the Unaccompanied Minor service. This service fee is not refundable, and the following fees are per Unaccompanied Minor:
- Direct flights:
- €10 on inter-island flights (the Canary Islands and the Balearic Islands).
- €35 / $40 / £25 on Mainland Spain and the Balearic Islands flights.
- €60 / $65 / £43 on direct medium-haul flights (Europe, Canary Islands and Africa).
- €90 / $100 / £64 on long-haul flights.
- Connecting flights:
- €60 / $65 / £43 on Mainland Spain and the Balearic Islands.
- €80 / $90 / £60 on direct medium-haul flights (Europe, Canary Islands and Africa).
- €120 / $130 / £85 on long-haul flights.
Young People Service
The Young People Service is a courtesy service offered by Air Europa to help young people between 12 and 18 years of age. This service is offered on an optional basis for passengers at least 12 years old on domestic flights, 15 years old on international flights, up to including 17 years of age.
The Young People Service must be requested in advance, and the corresponding charges paid. The same charge as for the Unaccompanied Minor Service will apply.