What is Air Europa doing to ensure a safe journey for its passengers?
For Air Europa, safety is one of the core values. So, to keep its passengers safe, comfortable, and healthy, Air Europa provides information and has taken a series of measures:
- New travel recommendations and regulations.
- Cleanliness protocols and hygiene measures.
- New flexibility.
Travel Recommendations and Regulations
Air Europa created the Recommendations and new regulations for travel page especially to keep you informed about the new measures and recommendations required to travel safely.
Regulations and recommendations for passengers include:
- Before going to the airport, ensure you have no COVID-19 symptoms.
- Check the entry requirements for your destination country.
- Take advantage of a discount provided by Air Europa for COVID-19 testing:
- In Madrid, at Clinica Menorca and Eurofins Megalab.
- In the rest of Spain, at Eurofins Megalab.
- In Sao Paulo at Guarulhos Airport (GRU), at the laboratory located in Terminal 3.
- All passengers aged 6 and over are required to use a mask that covers the nose and mouth. If a passenger cannot use the obligatory mask for medical reasons, they must send Air Europa, more than 48 hours before flight departure, an email with the medical certificate issued no more than two months before the date of the flight and that accredits this. Also, they must present at any Air Europa counter on the day of the flight a negative certificate of a PCR test carried out within 72 hours before departure.
Air Europa informs its passengers about country-specific regulations and recommendations that are required to travel safely. You can review travel restrictions, quarantine requirements, health and testing requirements, documentation requirements. You can even download entry forms and expand the information through the links of interest.
Cleanliness Protocols and Hygiene Measures
At the airport, Air Europa has taken the following measures:
- Protective screens have been installed at check-in and customer service desks in Madrid and Palma airports.
- The boarding and disembarking processes have been revised to ensure social distancing.
- To avoid unnecessary contact, passengers are required to show their documentation and pass it through the electronic reader whenever indicated. You should also affix your luggage tag and place it on the check-in belts.
- Disinfectant gel has been made available to passengers at different locations.
- The transfer buses that transport passengers between aircraft and terminals are subject to enhanced cleaning measures and function at limited capacity to allow social distance.
- All Air Europa staff wear masks and gloves.
Air Europa’s aircraft cleaning protocols are maintained extremely stringent. The number of in-depth cleanings to disinfect with specific hospital-grade products that are perfectly suited to kill the coronavirus has increased. Also, it’s important to know that cabin air never stagnates and it is a mixture of outdoor air and filtered air using HEPA filters that can capture virus-containing particles with an efficiency of more than 99.9%.
All aircraft have been provided with disinfectant wipes, and crews are equipped with masks and gloves. To reduce unnecessary contact points, newspapers and magazines on board have been removed. After each flight, each blanket is washed, dried, and folded by industrial cleaning machines and returned on board in a plastic bag, where they remain until delivered to the customer.
Air Europa offers unprecedented flexibility to its travelers – for purchases from March 1, you are allowed to change the date without penalty when there are at least 7 days remaining until the flight departure. You will only pay the difference in fare if the original fare is not available.
If your flight has been changed, you have the following options:
- Change the date free of charge, in the same cabin.
- Save the amount of the ticket to use it as credit in a future purchase (valid for any destination operated by Air Europa or on the same route as the original ticket to be used within one year).
- The refund remains in force as long as it is required by the law applicable at the time.