Link SWISS Airbus A340 300
0 Helpful votes
As mentioned by others, all the horror stories about Swiss proved to be false or highly exaggerated.
- freezing cold cabin: false. Most passengers - including me -wore only shirts
- food not good: false. As good as any Economy class, maybe slightly better
- narrow space for legs: false. As narrow as any other coach class, maybe a couple cm more than the average
- entertainement box limiting leg room: partially true, but not so annoying as someone wrote.
Now the good:
- very friendly and efficient staff. They passed several times during the 12h flight to distribute water, ice cream etc
- on time, even 30' earlier at the return flight
- relatively comfortable seats: the Recaro chairs, despite quite narrow, proved to be much better than others (Air France being the absolute worst here)
- cheaper than the competition
- Two 23 kg pieces of baggage allowed in Economy
- easy on-line check-in
- Zürich airport: efficient, clean, fast transfers via monorail, free WiFi
The less good:
- Entertainment system: as mentioned by others it's late 80's technology: small screen, no touch, low-res. It freezes and hangs up from time to time (sometimes as long as half an hour). But the movies selection is really excellent, much better than others. Not so good the music. Horrible flight real time info (the usual maps showing plane's route), much worse than others.
Will I fly again with Swiss? Definitely yes, but I hope that the new 777 planes arrive quickly.
0 found this review helpful. Was it helpful to you? Yes