How can I check in for a Monarch Airlines flight?
When traveling on a Monarch Airlines flight, there are available two options for passengers in order to make the check-in process before or after arriving at the airport:
- Online Check-in.
- Monarch Airlines Counter Check-in.
When must I check in for my Monarch Airlines flight?
It is proposed that passengers arrive at the check-in counter at least 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of the flight. Failure to check-in punctually may result in passengers missing their flights, in which circumstance Monarch will not accept responsibility for making an alternative travel organization.
The check-in deadlines for Monarch Airlines flights are:
- 40 minutes before scheduled departure for short- and medium-haul flights.
- 60 minutes before scheduled departure for long-haul flights.
Online Check-in is available from 28 days up to 6 hours before departure. It is free, but in order to make the most of Online Check-in passengers will need to choose and pay for a pre-allocated seat. You will be asked to assign a seat in the course of Online Check-in if you have not previously done so. By selecting your seat in advance, you can guarantee to sit together with your family or friends, and there is no necessity to hurry at the airport. Besides, you are able to grab the chance of upgrading to extra legroom if you wish.
If you don’t want to pay for your seat, you can still make the Online Check-in process at no cost, because Monarch Airlines will automatically assign seats free of charge to all passengers checking in online within 24 hours before departure. However, if the allocated seat is not acceptable to you, you can change it, although seat selection fees apply.
This service is only available for scheduled flights (and not for any Monarch charter flights) and bookings made directly with Monarch. Online Check-in is available from most airports but, nevertheless, is limited in number because of operational limitations. Sometimes, due to technical or operational reasons, Online Check-in might not be available. Online Check-in is currently not available for flights to/from the following airports: Lyon, Salzburg, Geneva, Naples, Turin, Agadir, Preveza, Rhodes, and Zakynthos (Zante).
You can make the check-in process online at monarch.co.uk on condition that:
- You have an email address connected with your reservation.
- You are aged 16 or over, or you are traveling with a passenger who is at least 16 years old.
- You are not traveling in a group of 10 people or more.
- You have a valid European passport.
- Your baggage meets the next security conditions.
- Nothing has been additional things to your luggage without your consent.
- You are not in ownership of any item, which has been given to you by a third person in order to be carried on board.
- You are not transporting any of the prohibited items.
If you do not have an email address connected with your reservation (for example, in the case that you made the booking by phone, and your itinerary was sent to you via regular post), then you will not be able to use Online Check-in. This is due to the fact that Monarch Airlines requires both the reservation number and the email address related with the booking in order to recover your flight details.
The check-in process is very fast and simple. If you did not pre-pay any applicable checked baggage fees or pre-booked your seat, you will be asked to do so and will be charged the applicable charges. You will also be asked typical security demands on the subject of your baggage, your identification and whether you need any unusual support. Upon approval of the security questions and payment of the suitable fees, you will be completely checked in. It is as simple as that.
All you need to do after this is printing off the boarding pass for all the passengers which you have checked in and take the passes to the airport with you. It is important to know that if you cannot print the boarding pass, maybe because you do not have a printer, it is better for you not to do the Online Check-in. Please note that if you are a Silver, Gold or Vantage Club member and would like to take advantage of the Fast Track Security facility, Monarch Airlines reminds you to certify your boarding pass with a Fast Track Security label at a check-in desk.
Online Check-in Step by Step
- First, go to the ‘Manage My Booking’ section and type your reservation reference and the email address, which you used in order to make the booking. Choose ‘Online Check-in’ from the options list. Check the box that is next to the passenger’s name which you want to check in and then click ‘proceed’.
- Pick either a normal pre-allocated seat or an additional legroom seat from the map of seats (if you have not previously done so) and click ‘proceed’.
- You need to have your passport ready in order to fill in the ‘Advanced Passenger Information’ containing passport number, expiration date and date of birth for yourself and all passengers travelling with you. Verify the details with judgment and click ‘proceed’.
- Next, you can add pieces of baggage, meals and extras to your reservation if you have not previously done so. Then click on ‘proceed’.
- Finally, cautiously read the safety conditions and agree with them by checking the appropriate box. Then click ‘proceed’. By this time, that’s all done, you have effectively checked in for your flight. Now it will be useful to print your boarding pass and keep it in a safe place, because you will need to show it at the gate before boarding the aircraft. As a passenger, you cannot make changes to your flight booking after the check-in. This fact includes name, date and time changes.
If you only have hand baggage, you can head directly to the departure gate. If you have checked baggage, you must proceed straight to the fast bag drop desks in order to get your luggage checked. The mentioned bag drop desks close 40 minutes before the departure, but the airline recommends you to be sure to allow sufficient time to get over and done with security check and head to your departure gate, which might be at some important distance from the check-in desks area.
Monarch Airlines Counter Check-in
Passengers must respect the specified times to arrive at the airport prior to the scheduled departure time, which the airline mentions in order to make the check-in process by means of this option. The considerations are the following:
- The check-in counter desks open 3 hours prior to the departure of flights from London (Gatwick and Luton), Birmingham, and Manchester airports. Regarding flights from overseas airports, the counter desks for check-in open 2 hours before the correspondent departure. The check-in counter desks close 40 minutes prior to the departure of the flight.
- Concerning long-haul flights, the check-in counter desks open 3 hours prior to departure and closes 60 minutes prior to it.
In relation to the best time you need to arrive at the departure gate, please make sure you arrive at the departure gate at minimum 50 minutes prior to departure. All gates close 40 minutes before departure, and Monarch Airlines reserves the right to reject boarding and annul the reservation of any passenger arriving after this deadline. Please permit adequate time to get to your correspondent departure gate and bear in mind that security controls can get extremely busy at peak hours. Besides some departure gates are fairly distant from check-in desks. In the incident of a delay, please make sure you still reach the airport in accordance with your original flight time in the event there is any additional change to your flight.
Boarding passes are retrieved from a link on the page found at the end of the check-in process. Every passenger that has checked in using the online method has his/her own and unique boarding card, which he/she must print it out and bring it along with them to the airport. The boarding pass is an authorized security document, and that is why you must guarantee that it is kept securely until your flight is complete. What is more, every passenger should have a valid passport. The airline reserves the right to reject boarding and cancel the existing reservation if you do not have the pertinent documentation.
Monarch Airlines will not accept any blurry or faded boarding passes printed at home because these will not be appropriate for the respective scan at security points and bag drop desks. If you damage, forget or lose your home printed boarding card, either before the arrival at the airport or at any other point preceding the departure time, it will be mandatory that you visit a Monarch Airlines check-in counter desk in order to get a replacement. The airline reserves the right to reject boarding and cancel the existing reservation if you do not get hold of a valid boarding pass.