How can I check in for a Jetstar Airways flight?
Jetstar Airways offers a range of check-in options to make the process as simple and convenient as possible. To check in for your next Jetstar flight, you can choose the most convenient option for you from:
- Online Check-in.
- Kiosk Check-in.
- Airport Counter Check-in.
What are the check-in times when traveling with Jetstar?
Jetstar has strict check-in and boarding times. If you do not check in before the deadline for your flight, you may lose your fare in full. Therefore, Jetstar recommends arriving at the airport early to allow enough time to make your way through the airport and clear airport security. Airport counters open 3 hours before departure for Jetstar (JQ) flights (domestic flights departing from an international terminal, Intra Asia and international flights) and 2 hours before departure for all other flights.
Check-in deadlines vary depending on your operating carrier, itinerary and terminal, as follows:
- Jetstar (JQ) flights:
- 30 minutes before departure – for domestic (Australia and New Zealand) flights departing from domestic terminals.
- 45 minutes before departure – for domestic (Australia and New Zealand) flights departing from international terminals and international flights on A320 and A321 aircraft.
- 60 minutes before departure – for domestic (Australia and New Zealand) flights departing from international terminals and international flights on Boeing 787 aircraft.
- Jetstar Japan (GK) flights:
- 30 minutes before departure – for domestic (Japan) flights.
- 45 minutes before departure – for international flights (except flights from Shanghai Airport).
- 50 minutes before departure – for international flights departing from Shanghai Airport.
- Jetstar Pacific (BL) flights:
- 30 minutes before departure – for domestic (Vietnam) flights.
- 45 minutes before departure – for international flights.
- Jetstar Asia (3K) flights:
- 45 minutes before departure – for international flights.
Starting 48 hours before departure, Online Check-in allows passengers to check in online from the comfort of their home or office. You can check in online whether you are traveling alone or in a group (no more than 6 passengers), with or without baggage to check:
- For all domestic Jetstar (JQ) flights (Australia and New Zealand) and domestic Jetstar Japan (GK) flights, up to 60 minutes before your flight’s departure.
- For international Jetstar(JQ) and Jetstar Asia (3K) flights, up to 120 minutes before your flight’s departure.
Online Check-in is not available for bookings:
- With infants.
- To/from the US.
- For a Jetstar Pacific (BL) flight.
- Made through Jetstar Group bookings.
- With assistance service requests (e.g. wheelchair, extra seat, Service Dogs)
- With an outstanding balance.
After you start Online Check-in by entering your PNR (booking reference number), your surname and departure airport, you have the option to:
- Select passengers, baggage and flights you want to check-in.
- Enter the Advanced Passenger Information (APIS) if you have an international flight.
- Declare any dangerous goods.
- Choose your seat from the available seats displayed.
- Check in for your return flight, if scheduled departure is within 7 days of the outbound flight.
- Choose the way you want to obtain your boarding pass (several options are available depending on your itinerary).
Paper Boarding Pass
For all domestic Jetstar (JQ) flights (Australia and New Zealand) and selected Jetstar Asia (3K) flights, you can download and print your boarding pass as a PDF document. Where available, you can also print your boarding pass and baggage tags at an airport kiosk.
For international Jetstar (JQ) flights and domestic Jetstar flights departing from international terminals (JQ1-JQ224 or JQ300-JQ349), you must visit the check-in counter to present identification and get your boarding pass. All passengers checking in online for these flights are required to present identification to a check-in counter agent and collect their boarding pass before check-in closes.
Mobile Boarding Pass
Where available, Jetstar gives you the option to use a Mobile Boarding Pass. You will receive a link, via SMS (JQ and 3K flights) or email (GK flights), to access and download your Mobile Boarding Pass to your smartphone’s Wallet or Passbook app. You can open the Mobile Boarding Pass on your smartphone’s browser, but it will require at least a 3G Internet connection. The link for the Mobile Boarding Pass will be sent only once. If you can’t access your Mobile Boarding Pass, you must go to Online Check-in to download and print a paper boarding pass or get your boarding pass at a check-in kiosk or counter.
For all domestic Jetstar (JQ) and Jetstar Japan (GK) flights, you can select the Mobile Boarding Pass option when you use Online Check-in via your desktop or mobile. You can select to receive a group Mobile Boarding Pass for all passengers on the booking (only one phone number required) or have individual boarding passes sent to each passenger.
For selected Jetstar Asia (3K) flights from Singapore, you can select the Mobile Boarding Pass option when you use Online Check-in via your desktop (not available for Online Check-in via mobile) if you are traveling alone (only one passenger on your booking), you have no visa or other entry document requirements, and no checked baggage. Where available, you may also be able to go Straight to Gate.
Straight to Gate
For selected Jetstar Asia (3K) international flights within Asia, you can go straight to the gate if:
- You are eligible for Online Check-in.
- You don’t have an extra legroom seat (except Jetstar Asia flights from Singapore)
- You have no checked baggage.
- You have no visa or other entry requirements.
At Singapore Changi Airport and select airports in Australia, New Zealand, and Japan, passengers have a great alternative to Counter Check-in. Jetstar kiosks, located near check-in counters, allow passengers to print their own boarding passes and baggage tags, thus skipping queues. Kiosk Check-in is available for:
- Domestic Jetstar (JQ) flights departing from:
- Australia: Sydney, Melbourne (Tullamarine), Perth, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Adelaide, Hobart, and Cairns.
- New Zealand: Auckland, Christchurch, and Wellington.
- Domestic Jetstar Japan (GK) flights departing from: Tokyo (Narita), Nagoya (Chubu), Osaka (Kansai), Sapporo, Okinawa (Naha), Oita, Kagoshima, Fukuoka, Matsuyama, Kumamoto, Takamatsu.
- Select international Jetstar Asia (3K) flights departing from Singapore – for bookings of up to 7 passengers, without an outstanding balance and that don’t include infants or any special service request (wheelchair assistance, extra seat, etc.).
Airport Counter Check-in
Passengers are required to check-in at an airport check-in counter if they are not eligible for Online or Kiosk Check-in.
When you have already used Web Check-in for an international flight or a domestic flight departing from an international terminal, you still have to present your travel documents to a check-in agent who will issue your official boarding pass. Passengers traveling in Business Class have a dedicated check-in area that allows them to avoid airport queues.
Jetstar requires you to be present at the boarding gate:
- 25 minutes before departure – for domestic flights, except domestic flights departing from an international terminal.
- 40 minutes before departure – for international flights, as well as domestic flights departing from an international terminal.
The boarding gate closes strictly 15 minutes before departure for Jetstar (JQ), Jetstar Japan (GK) and Jetstar Pacific (BL) flights. The boarding gate closes 10 minutes before departure for Jetstar Asia (3K) flights. If you arrive late at the boarding gate, you won’t be able to board the flight and may lose your fare.