What is Blue Panorama policy on pet acceptance?
Transporting pets on Blue Panorama flights is allowed in the cabin. The rules for pet acceptance may vary depending on your itinerary (departure country and destination). Blue Panorama may restrict or limit transporting pets on some aircraft types or for certain destinations.
Which pets are allowed to travel on Blue Panorama flights?
Dogs, cats, ferrets, guinea-pigs, hamsters, and rabbits are accepted as pets on Blue Panorama flights. In some countries, there are prohibitions or limitations to the introduction of some animal species, therefore, passengers should check for any restrictions or prohibitions before departure and depending on the country of destination. For example, pets under the age of 3 months, not yet submitted to anti rabies vaccination, are not allowed to travel in Europe.
To prevent the spread of avian influenza, the European Union and the Ministry of Health have forbidden the entrance of pet birds originating in Asian countries, Turkey, Russia, South Africa, Romania and all the states of the Balkan Peninsula.
Pets in Cabin
Pets may be carried in the cabin on all Blue Panorama flights under the following conditions:
- A maximum of two pets per flight.
- A maximum of one pet cage per passenger.
- Blue Panorama accepts dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, and ferrets, with a maximum weight of 10 kg, including the cage.
- The container must allow the pet to be comfortable, to be able to turn around and lie down; it must be well ventilated, waterproof and solid.
- The pet must stay for the entire trip in a kennel, which must not exceed the following dimensions: 46 cm long x 31 cm wide x 25 cm high.
- The container can carry up to 5 pets of the same species.
The captain in charge of the flight may unload the pet in the event that the above conditions are not met or in case the pet disturbs the other passengers. Blue Panorama reserves the right to refuse the transport of pets if the above conditions are not followed.
You can add your pet to your booking online. For long-haul flights to the Caribbean and Africa, you cannot book Pet in Cabin service online. In order to check the availability of space on board for the transport of pets, passengers must contact the Blue Panorama Contact Center at least 72 hours before departure. Otherwise, the boarding of pets when the check-in is made can’t be guaranteed.
To carry pets in the cabin you have to pay a fee according to the following scheme:
- 10 EUR per kg each way – on flights marketed under the “blu-express” low-cost brand, domestic and European flights.
- 18 EUR per kg each way – on international long-haul Blue Panorama flights, the Caribbean and Africa, and all intercontinental flights.
Depending on the availability of space, Guide Dogs accompanying visually impaired passengers are allowed on board on Blue Panorama flights free of charge. It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that documents are updated and to show them at the check-in counter. Dogs should have a muzzle and leash, medical documents and/or health passport.
Blue Panorama informs that the transport of passengers with disabilities, limited mobility and visually impaired accompanied by guide dogs is ruled by the EC Regulation No. 1107/2006 Law No. 60 dated 8 Feb. 2006 in force since 18 March 2006, which amended Law No. 37 dated 14 Feb. 1974. Such regulation provides that the burden of the assistance service is under the airport operator’s care, where Blue Panorama responsibility is only to inform passengers.