How can I check-in for an Asiana flight?
When traveling on an Asiana flight, various options to check in before or after arriving at the airport are available for passengers:
- Online & Mobile Check-in.
- Self-Service Kiosk Check-in.
- Counter Check-in.
What is the closing time for Counter Check-in?
Asiana Airlines recommends passengers to arrive at the check-in counter at least two hours before departure. Passengers cannot board the flight if they arrive at the counter after the following check-in closing times:
- Domestic flights in Korea – 20 minutes before departure.
- International flights:
- 40 minutes before departure – general closing time for international flights (flights departing from airports not mentioned below).
- 60 minutes before departure – for international flights departing from New York, Los Angeles, Beijing, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Istanbul and Honolulu.
- 50 minutes before departure – for international flights departing from Seoul (Incheon), London, Delhi, Manila, Bangkok and Sydney.
- 30 minutes before departure – for international flights departing from Nanjing, Dalian, Shenzhen, Xi'an, Yantai and Weihai.
Online & Mobile Check-in
Boarding pass issuance through Online & Mobile Check-in is available from 48 hours up to 1 hours before the flight departure. For Online & Mobile Check-in, passengers must have a confirmed booking with an e-Ticket. Passengers traveling with infants and Unaccompanied Minors, as well as passengers booked as a group of more than 9 people, cannot check in online.
After checking-in, passengers can obtain the boarding pass online or on their mobile device. Currently, a web boarding pass or mobile boarding pass on can be used to board the aircraft only at domestic airports in South Korea. When departing from other airports, passengers must obtain their offline boarding pass at check-in counters. Passengers who are not eligible for a web/mobile boarding pass (customers traveling with discounted fare tickets for domestic flights and customers required to verify travel documents) will get an exchange voucher to retrieve their boarding pass at the check-in counter.
For domestic flights, passengers who have used Online & Mobile Check-in should proceed to the security check point at least 20 minutes prior to departure.
For international flights, passengers should obtain the boarding pass and check their baggage at check-in counters at least 60 minutes prior to departure.
Self-Service Kiosk Check-in
Passengers holding e-Tickets with confirmed reservations can use a Self-Service Kiosk to choose their seat and obtain the boarding pass. If they have baggage to check in, the baggage counter provides easy and prompt baggage processing services. This service is not available to passengers accompanying infants under 2 years. Also, passengers who have an itinerary with transfers must check in at the staffed Asiana Airlines Check-in Counter. Self-Service Kiosks are installed at the following airports and available for the following flights:
- Domestic flights in Korea – 20 minutes before the time of departure, at Gwangju Airport, Yeosu Airport, Gimpo Airport, Jeju Airport, Ulsan Airport and Pohang Airport.
- International flights – 60 minutes before the time of departure, at Gimpo Airport (International Terminal), Incheon International Airport, and Narita Airport.
Airport Counter Check-in
At the airport check-in counter, all passengers must present all necessary documents required for their destination. After verification, Asiana staff will allocate your seating and check in your baggage, and you will get a boarding pass and baggage tags.
At Incheon Airport and Gimpo Airport (International Terminal), the No Baggage Counter, renamed the ECO Counter, is an exclusive counter for passengers traveling on international routes without checked baggage.
Return Flight Check-in
Upon request, Asiana Airlines offers a Return Flight Check-in service for passengers of First or Business Class who are Star Alliance Members returning in three days. Passengers that have completed check-in for the return flight may board the flight by arriving at the boarding gate of the airport by 30 minutes before the time of departure.
For international flights, boarding begins from 25 to 30 minutes before departure and closes 10 minutes before departure.
For domestic flights, boarding begins 15 minutes prior to departure and closes 5 minutes before departure.