How can I check in when travelling with Jet Airways?
When travelling with Jet Airways, numerous check-in options are placed at your disposal, making the checking-in process more accessible and easier to perform:
- Airport Counter Check-in.
- Web/Mobile Check-in.
- Kiosk Check-in.
- Tweet Check-in.
- Tele Check-in.
- Off-site Check-in.
When must I check in when travelling with Jet Airways?
Check-in timings vary depending on whether your flight is domestic or international, as well as on the method preferred for checking-in.
As a general rule, Jet Airways’ passengers can check in (by SMS, through the web platform, using the kiosks etc.) from 2 days and up to 2 hours prior to scheduled flight departure.
For flights within India, the airport counters open for check-in 2 hours before flight take-off, and close 45 minutes prior to departure. At Jammu, Leh, and Srinagar airports, due to additional security measures, you should check in at least 120 minutes before departure. If you performed the Tele Check-in and you did not manage to reach the airport counters at least 50 minutes prior to take off, your seat will be reassigned, and you will be offloaded from the flight.
If you are traveling internationally, you are advised to arrive at the airport at least 3 hours in advance, to allow yourself plenty of time to undergo all the necessary formalities. In this case, you should know that the counters will be opened for check-in 3 hours before flight take-off and close 1 hour prior to departure. At Dubai airport, check-in counters close 75 minutes before departure. If you have checked in through the Tele / Web/Mobile Check-in methods, you might risk being offloaded and having your seat reassigned, in case you did not reach the counters at least 60 minutes before take off.
Regardless of how you’ve checked in or what class you are travelling on, the boarding gate will close 25 minutes before scheduled departure. Failing to arrive before this predetermined time will result in rendering your ticket void.
In order to be able to perform an online check-in, you must have a valid eTicket, internet access and a printer. Through this easy, 4-step method you can avoid queuing at the airport by checking-in straight on Jet Airways official site. During the process, you can choose your desired seat, as well as print your boarding pass.
The Web/Mobile Check-in service is directly connected with the system used at the airport counters, so all the steps performed from your internet terminal will be updated in real time in the airline’s records.
Web/Mobile Check-in is available for Jet Airways and codeshare flights departing from all airports except Bahrain.
Web/Mobile Check-in is available for:
- All domestic flights.
- International flights departing from all airports except Bahrain.
- Passengers with a valid, confirmed eTicket.
- Groups of nine persons or less.
- Journey with no more than four segments.
- Passengers travelling with child and / or infant.
- Through Check-in on select Interline and Codeshare flights.
- Select Interline and Codeshare flights, as long as it is either a connecting or a return flight (Through Check-in).
The online check-in can be completed successfully within certain time limits:
|Web/Mobile Check-in Times|
|Travel Class||Passenger Category||Domestic||International||Charge|
|First & Première||All passengers||2 days to
|2 days to
|JetPrivilege Gold – Classic & Flex fares|
|JetPrivilege Gold – Light, Deal & Saver fare||2 days to
|2 days to
|All other passengers|
|All passengers||12 hours to
|12 hours to
|For direct flights from Mumbai or Delhi to Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Toronto, passengers may check in up to 24 hours before departure.|
The online platform allows you to check in for a fellow traveler, but only if you share the same passenger name record (PNR). You can even check in the members of your group (maximum nine persons), provided they are not booked on separate PNRs.
You can also change your seat number, should you desire another one. You will see that, during the Web/Mobile Check-in procedure, only non-emergency exit seats can be marked as available, so you will not be able to choose an emergency exit one.
During the Web/Mobile Check-in procedure, you can enter your JetPrivilege membership number to the reservation. By selecting “Add FFP” from the “Please verify itinerary” screen, you have the option of adding your frequent flyer number.
If you think you cannot make it to the airport in time, you can try to save the value of your ticket by contacting Jet Airways well in advance. However, should you be late for the boarding process and arrive at the gate after the boarding procedures are ended, your seat will be reallocated to other passengers, and consequently you will miss the flight.
There are certain categories of passengers to whom Web/Mobile Check-in is not available:
- Passengers with special service requests (Unaccompanied Minors, pet owners, passengers with disabilities, travelers who require an extra seat, wheelchair- or stretcher-bound passengers).
- Codeshare and interline flights, if the originating sector is operated by another airline.
- Passengers with paper tickets.
- Passengers with open / waitlisted bookings.
- Staff travel, passengers travelling on Industry / Agent Discount tickets, or those who benefit from upgrade vouchers.
The Web/Mobile Check-in procedure has its restrictions. For example, once you’ve completed the Web/Mobile Check-in process, you cannot change your seat.
Boarding Pass and Documents
Enhanced security measures apply to all Jet Airways flights, resulting in more thorough document inspections at the airports. A first direct consequence resulting from this affects the boarding pass’ status.
All passengers traveling only with hand baggage on domestic routes may proceed directly to the security checkpoint for verification and security stamping of the Web Boarding Pass before proceeding to the boarding gate. Passengers who have performed Web/Mobile Check-in for a domestic flight must present themselves at the airport counters if they have luggage to be checked.
For international flights, passengers must exchange the printed e-Boarding Pass for a boarding pass issued at the airport check-in counter, regardless if they have baggage or not. For US and Canada flights, passengers will be permitted to complete Web/Mobile Check-in up to 48 hours before departure, but the e-Boarding Pass will be generated only within 24 hours before flight departure.
During all the airport formalities (checking in your baggage, boarding, security inspection), you will need, beside your boarding pass, a valid photo identification. The following documents are eligible:
- An official photo ID issued by the Government.
- Your driving license.
- Election photo identification.
- A credit card with your photo on it.
- A valid passport (for international passengers).
The reprint option of your boarding pass is available under certain conditions. You can do so either by revisiting the check-in process performed online, or directly at the airport counters, with your valid photo ID (for flights within India) or your passport (for international flights). Should you reprint your boarding pass, it will be clearly marked as “reprinted”, thus rendering your previous boarding pass invalid.
The Web/Mobile Check-in procedure is recommended to passengers who use to travel lightly, with their carry-on luggage only. However, you can opt for this check-in method even if you have baggage that needs to be checked in. In this case, you must allow yourself plenty of time to check your luggage, so try and be present at the airport counters at least 45 minutes prior to departure for domestic flights, and 60 minutes before scheduled take off for international flights. To be able to check in your baggage, a valid photo identification is mandatory.
Self-service check-in kiosks are recommended for passengers travelling only with their carry-on baggage. It is a simple, 5-step method of checking in, all you need in order to use it being an eTicket.
Through this secure, real-time check-in method, you can also add your JetPrivilege membership number, and even perform multiple check-ins for your fellow travelers. The procedure goes as follows:
- First of all, you are supposed to scan your JetPrivilege card, or your Credit / Debit card. The purpose of this step is to verify that the passenger’s name, as appears on the card, is the same as the one from your reservation record (PNR).
- Secondly, you must input your PNR number / reservation record, as it appears on your eTicket.
- Thirdly, review your travel itinerary details, and confirm that they are correct.
- Next, a real-time seat map will be displayed for you to choose your desired seat.
- Finally, you must print your boarding pass, and then go directly through the security inspection – if you have no baggage to check.
The self-service kiosks are available for use in different time windows, depending on whether your flight is domestic or international. When travelling within India, you can check-in at a kiosk from 1 day to 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure. When flying internationally, you can proceed for this type of check-in from 1 day to 1 hour prior to scheduled departure. Please note that, if not present at the boarding gate at least 25 minutes before take off, your reservation will be cancelled.
Certain conditions must be met in order for the Kiosk Check-in to be possible:
- Passengers must possess a valid, confirmed eTicket.
- This check-in method can be performed for a maximum of four segments, both domestic and international routes carried by Jet Airways being eligible.
- Groups of no more than nine persons can check in at a kiosk.
Only certain airports allow passengers to check in at self-service kiosks. Both within India and abroad, you can check in at a kiosk in the following cities:
- Domestic airports – Aurangabad, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Dibrugarh, Hyderabad, Indore, Jammu, Kochi, Kolkata, Leh, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Patna, Pune, Port Blair, Raipur, Rajkot, Ranchi, Silchar, Vadodara, Vishakhapatnam.
- International airports – Amsterdam, Dubai, Toronto.
Certain categories of passengers are not eligible for using the self-service kiosks:
- Passengers travelling on D, E & G classes.
- Travelers with special needs, such as Unaccompanied Minors, pet owners, passengers with disabilities, passengers in need of extra seats, those who are wheelchair or stretcher-bound.
- Those who are on open / waitlisted bookings.
- Passengers travelling on Upgrade Vouchers, Industry / Agent Discount tickets, JetPrivilege redemption travel, Staff travel, Interline travel.
The self-service kiosks allow you to complete the check-in formalities for a fellow traveler, provided you are included in the same booking record. You can also check-in groups of no more than nine persons, and even add your frequent flyer number (FFN).5
Kiosks allow you to change your seat number, should your desire another seat on the aircraft. Seat change, adding Frequent Flier number and re-printing the boarding pass can be done at a kiosk even after checking-in using the kiosk.
The following documentation is involved when checking-in at a self-service kiosk:
- A valid, confirmed eTicket, traditional paper tickets or ATB tickets not being accepted.
- The boarding pass issued directly at the kiosk at the end of the check-in process, which will have to be stamped during the security inspection in order to be validated.
- A valid photo identification, such as an official Government issued ID, a driving license, an election photo identification, a credit card with a photo or a passport, which must be presented at the security check, as well as during the boarding process (to the Jet Airways Customer Service Executive).
Besides printing your boarding pass, at Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport you can also have your eTicket (re)printed.
While passengers travelling only with their carry-on luggage can proceed directly to the security check (after performing the Kiosk Check-in), those with baggage that needs to be checked must arrive at the airport counters at least one hour before take off, in order for their baggage to be tagged. Keep in mind that checking-in your luggage cannot be done without a valid photo ID, so try and report to the counters well in advance of the boarding time, so that all the necessary formalities could run as smoothly as possible.
Jet Airways introduced Tweet Check-in, a first of its kind Twitter based innovation. All you need to do is simply follow the official Twitter account of Jet Airways and, for check-in, send Direct Message (DM): #checkin < First Name > < Last Name > < PNR > < Dep City > (e.g., #checkin Neetu Seth ABCDEF Mumbai).
You can check in and select your desired seat by simply calling Jet Airways within the corresponding time windows. This check-in method is available only for First and Première passengers and JetPrivilege Platinum, Gold and Silver members.
When travelling within India, Jet Airways passengers can Tele Check-in as follows:
- Call for check-in from 2 days to 1 hour before flight take off.
- Collect the boarding pass at the airport, whether at the counters, or at the kiosks, at least 50 minutes prior to departure.
- The counters will close 45 minutes before flight take off, while the boarding process ends 25 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
When travelling internationally, Jet Airways passengers can Tele Check-in as follows:
- Call for check-in from 2 days to 4 hours before departure.
- Collect the boarding pass at the airport, whether at the counters, or at the kiosks, at least 65 minutes prior to departure.
- Only JetPrivilege Platinum and Gold members can Tele Check-in at London Heathrow.
Passengers can collect their boarding pass and check in their baggage at the New Delhi and Shivaji Stadium metro stations. Metro Check-in is available for domestic and international flights from 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., but only from 12 to 2 hours before flight departure. Checked baggage will be delivered to the airport, but oversize and fragile baggage will be not be accepted at the Metro Check-in stations. Documentation check for passengers travelling on international flights will be carried out at the airport check-in counters and boarding gate by Jet Airways personnel.
Ferry Port Check-in for Flights from Hong Kong
Passengers travelling via ferry to Hong Kong airport can check in and receive their boarding pass at Lianhuashan, Macau Taipa, Macau Maritime, Shenzhen Shekou and Shenzhen Fuyong ferry ports. Baggage will be through checked-in.
You can check in and check your baggage at Abu Dhabi City Terminal (next to Abu Dhabi Mall) or ADNEC (Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre) from 24 to 4 hours before flight departure.
At the City Terminal in Dammam City, located next to the SAPTCO Bus Terminal and open daily between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., passengers can check in from 24 to 6 hours before flight departure. At the City Terminal, you can also SafeWrap checked baggage free of charge and pay excess baggage fees. After check-in, you can proceed straight to security check and onwards to boarding your Jet Airways flight at the King Fahad International Airport. If you wish to check in additional luggage, after checking in at the City Terminal, you may do so at the airport.