How does Eurowings ensure a safe journey in COVID-19 times?
To provide safe and carefree travel during COVID-19 times, Eurowings has adapted to the new normal, providing up-to-date travel information and maximum flexibility when booking and introducing protective measures. Eurowings compiled all the important information on what to take into account when traveling during COVID-19 times:
- Protective measures.
- Entry regulations during COVID-19.
- Flexible booking.
Your health is Eurowings’ priority, and for that, protective measures have been implemented along your journey:
- At the airport, hygiene measures have been put into effect. Plexiglass shields are in place for health protection at the check-in counters, ticket counters, and wherever there is direct contact between you and Eurowings employees. Whereby a plexiglass shield does not guarantee protection, Eurowings employees are required to wear a mask. In addition, hand disinfection dispensers from Sagrotan are available at the airport. Frequently touched surfaces are cleaned and disinfected regularly and often.
- All Eurowings passengers (adults and children over six years) and staff on board are obliged to wear medical protective masks (surgical and FFP) throughout the whole flight. The only exception applies to persons who are not allowed to wear a mask for health reasons. Flying without a mask due to medical reasons is possible only with a medical certificate and a negative Covid-19 test result not older than 48 hours.
- All Eurowings aircraft are equipped with HEPA air filters. Additionally, the air circulates vertically, and complete exchange of air takes place in the cabin every two to three minutes. Eurowings regularly carries out disinfectant cleaning of the aircraft cabin and washrooms and increase the cleaning cycles. Also, disinfectant washing gel is available in the washrooms. Disinfectant wipes from Sagrotan are distributed on board all Eurowings flights and are the only disinfection wipes that should be used to clean the surfaces in the area of your seat.
Entry Regulations during COVID-19
Ahead of your Eurowings flight, it is important to inform yourself about the entry regulations of your destination country and check whether there are any restrictions for you. In most countries, mandatory testing, registration requirements, and varying quarantine regulations apply. To ensure that you arrive at your destination in Germany well informed and prepared, Eurowings explains Germany’s travel regulations at a glance.
Before departure or after arrival, it is possible to have COVID-19 tests carried out at German and international airports, and Eurowings provides you an overview of the test centers at its departure points. Verified self-tests are accepted by certain destination countries, and you can now purchase a verified self-test onboard your departing Eurowings flight.
As COVID-19-related entry documents are required at almost every Eurowings destination, Eurowings introduced the digital myHealth Docs self-disclosure that you can fill out during Online/Mobile Check-in, so you no longer have to provide proof of your documents in person at the airport counter and receive your digital boarding pass right away.
With Eurowings’ flexibility promise, you can book flexibly and travel carefree:
- Change flights up to 40 minutes before departure as often as you like within the entire Eurowings route network.
- There is no rebooking fee, regardless of which fare you booked (only the difference in price to the new flight is charged).
- Alternatively, for flights departing until 31 August 2022, you can claim a flight voucher which is valid for three years. The voucher for the value of your paid fare must be claimed up to 7 days before departure.