How can I check in for a Calm Air flight?
When traveling on a Calm Air flight, Online Check-in is available before arriving at the airport and Kiosk and Counter Check-in options allow passengers to make this procedure after their arrival at the airport.
When must I check in for my Calm Air flight?
Calm Air advises that passengers do the check-in process 90 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of the flight, so it is important to guarantee the arrival at the airport ahead of time.
The check-in deadline for Online and Kiosk Check-in is 60 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
The check-in deadline for Counter Check-in and checking in baggage is 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
Online Check-in is available from 24 hours up to 1 hour before departure. To access Online Check-in, just visit the Calm Air website, select the Check-In tab, and access your reservation with your reservation number and your name.
If traveling with checked baggage, it is recommended that you drop off your bags at the check-in counter 60 minutes before scheduled departure time. Also, you should have your I.D. ready to present with your boarding pass at the gate 30 minutes before flight departure.
Calm Air Counter Check-In
With the finality to assist with on-time departures for you and other passengers on your specific flight, the airline recommends compliance with the check-in and gate arrival times before the scheduled departure time. Despite the fact that the airline will do its best to try to accommodate passengers who are behind schedule, the failure to fulfill these deadlines might result in the cancellation of any reservation. So, in order to avoid unpleasant situations and to safeguard the convenience and comfort of all other passengers, Calm Air will not be able to delay any departure because of the arrival of delayed passengers. At Thompson and Winnipeg airports, where line-ups can be lengthy during busy times, it is the passenger’s responsibility to allow sufficient time for security processing.
Calm Air puts at your consideration some aspects regarding the preparation needed in order to make the check-in process properly:
- In line with the Transport Canada guidelines, it is compulsory that all passengers show a government issued photo identification or failing that two pieces of government issued identification with no picture on them. One of them must include the date of birth of the passenger and his or her gender. Passengers who are 18 years old and older and who do not show any acceptable identification will not be permitted to take the flight.
- You are welcome to present a copy of your booking to the check-in agent. Nevertheless, this is not an obligation.
- Make sure your cabin and checked baggage does not go beyond the allowable maximum dimensions and weight. In order to do so, it will be advisable that you read the article related to the Baggage policies of Calm Air.
- If you happen to have any special needs or are checking in a minor who will be traveling unaccompanied, please do not forget to inform that kind of situations to the airline’s Reservations Department at least 24 hours before departure. When you do the check-in process, please identify these needs to the airline’s counter immediately upon check-in.
- If the situation is that you are checking-in a minor who is traveling without a companion, it will be beneficial to both of you if you allow additional time for the check-in process in order to allow completion of all the required documents.
- Please make certain that you have an identification tag attached to all of your baggage pieces. Moreover, it is recommended that these identification labels are placed inside the luggage.
The boarding gates close 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of the flights, so it is strongly recommended that after completing the check-in process, you head to your correspondent boarding gate straightaway in order not to have any inconvenience. At the time of boarding, all seat assignments are on a first-come, first-served basis. Calm Air does not offer pre-reserved seat selection.
Pre-boarding is offered by Calm Air for passengers traveling with small children, unaccompanied minors or for those passengers who require additional time or assistance while boarding. Passengers who require pre-boarding should be available at the gate 30 minutes prior to departure.