What is Aer Lingus doing to ensure safe traveling during Covid-19?
Traveling during Covid-19 is a new experience for everyone. Thus, Aer Lingus put in one place all the Covid-19-related information you need, so you can plan and prepare for your journey with ease and fly with peace of mind and confidence:
- Digital travel support tools.
- New safety measures.
- Useful travel tips.
- Flexible flights.
Digital Travel Support Tools
Aer Lingus is committed to using technology to improve your travel experience. When preparing to travel, take advantage of the new digital support tools that Aer Lingus puts at your disposal.
You can find the latest travel and health restrictions for your destination with the new interactive search tool. Powered by Sherpa, the interactive tool provides clear and tailored information on restrictions, entry requirements, documentation needed, types of COVID tests accepted, etc., from multiple official sources and based on your specific circumstances, including vaccination status, return travel, and flight connection requirements.
Aer Lingus has partnered with VeriFLY, the travel pass app that allows you to upload and have your Covid-19-related travel documents checked and verified before you fly. Aer Lingus is now using the app on most of its routes, including flights to/from Europe, from the UK to Ireland, between the UK and Barbados, and to/from the USA. When traveling to the USA, passengers can check in online only after their Covid-19-related documentation has been verified through the VeriFLY app. Using VeriFLY to get pre-approved for travel helps make travel as stress-free as possible while enabling you to efficiently comply with all the international Covid-19-related travel requirements.
As evidence of a negative COVID-19 test is required before entering many countries, Aer Lingus offers, in partnership with Randox Health, discounted testing kits for Aer Lingus customers flying from Britain. When flying from Ireland, you can find a list of PCR testing facilities in Ireland.
New Safety Measures
With the safety and wellbeing of passengers as its number one priority and in light of COVID-19, Aer Lingus introduced new measures to maintain high standards of health and safety.
Throughout the airport, measures to ensure physical distancing and reduce contact have been implemented from check-in to security. Protective screens and hand hygiene stations have been installed, and all Aer Lingus staff are wearing face masks.
Wearing a face mask is now mandatory for all passengers unless you cannot do so for medical reasons, in which case you must present a medical certificate confirming this. Also exempt from this requirement are young children who are not able to maintain a face covering.
On all aircraft, Aer Lingus introduced an enhanced cleaning system. Daily, the interior of every aircraft is thoroughly disinfected. Hospital-grade disinfectant is used to spray-treat all seat coverings, floors, and overhead lockers. All hard surfaces and touchpoints are deep cleaned daily by hand including, tray tables, armrests, overhead bins, windows, toilets, etc. Long-haul aircraft are cleaned for 15 staff hours before each flight. Short-haul aircraft are cleaned for five staff hours every night.
All aircraft are fitted with state-of-the-art HEPA air filtration technology, the same as that used in operating theatres in hospitals. 99.97% of airborne particles such as viruses, including COVID-19, and bacteria are removed. Cabin air is replaced every 3 minutes. Essentially, the aircraft air supply is sterile and particle-free.
Useful Travel Tips
Flying is going to look a little different for a while, and there are certain things you can do to reduce physical contact and support physical distancing. Aer Lingus’ travel checklist is a guide to help prepare for your journey:
- Check in online and download a mobile boarding pass or print your boarding pass.
- Use self-service kiosks to check in your bags and bag drop facilities where available.
- Allow extra time for boarding as you’ll board in small groups by seat row number (priority boarding is no longer available).
- Have your boarding pass ready to scan yourself, and show your passport or ID to the boarding staff.
- Onboard your flight, browse the Bia menu online for in-flight food and drink purchases onboard (there are no printed menus onboard).
- Bring your debit/credit card as in-flight shopping is available exclusively through contactless payments.
- On arrival, you should remain in your seat and follow the new procedures for disembarkation.
Because it knows how important flexibility is for you, Aer Lingus extended its “Book with Confidence” policy, making booking more flexible than ever:
- Free, unlimited changes. Up until 30 September 2022, you can change your flight up to 7 days before departure for free on any route and any fare type as often as you need.
- Guaranteed voucher. With all fares except the Economy Saver fare, you can get a voucher if you decide not to travel and apply for a voucher at least 14 days in advance.
- Cash refund. If you choose the Business or Economy Advantage or Flex fare, you can get a cash refund if you decide not to travel and apply for a cash refund online.