How old should be my baby to be allowed on a Hainan Airlines flight?
Hainan Airlines transports healthy infants who are at least 14 days old, and also prematurely born infants older than 90 days.
However, should you decide to take your infant(s) with you on a Hainan Airlines flight, don’t forget to contact the airline at least 24 hours prior to scheduled flight departure.
When am I required to reserve a seat for my child?
Babies aged between 14 days and 2 years can travel only accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age and are eligible for infant fares. Children who are more than 2 years old are supposed to pay for a ticket and occupy a seat.
For a second infant travelling with you, a separate seat is required, and you will have to pay the child fare, if applicable, or the full adult fare.
Does Hainan Airlines offer infant or child fare?
The fares applicable for infant passengers differ according to the number of babies you bring along. If you decide to travel accompanied by one infant, he or she must be carried on lap, and the charge will be set at 10% of the applicable adult ticket price.
For infants traveling in a separate seat, Hainan Airlines will charge the child fare, if applicable, or the full adult fare. The child fare is 50% of the applicable adult ticket price on domestic routes and 75% of the applicable adult ticket price on international routes.
Infant Baggage Allowance
The free baggage allowance for infants varies depending on the route:
- Domestic flights (Weight Concept) – maximum 10 kg (22 lbs).
- International flights (Piece Concept):
- North America, Europe, Middle East – 1 piece of checked baggage up to 23 kg (51 lbs) and 115 cm (45 in).
- Asia, Oceania – 1 piece of checked baggage up to 10 kg (22 lbs) and 115 cm (45 in).
Baby food for feeding during the flight can be carried in the passenger cabin beside the usual carry-on allowance.
Free of charge, one baby cradle and a collapsible pushchair may be carried on board provided that the volume and size do not exceed hand baggage restrictions (20 x 40 x 55 cm and 5 kg), there is enough space (in the baggage compartment or under the seat), and the cabin manager agrees. If these requirements are not met, your bassinet or stroller will still be carried free of charge but as checked baggage.
Your infant can be eligible for the Infant Cradle Service only if he or she measures at most 72 cm (28 in) and weighs no more than 11 kg (24 lbs). The onboard bassinets are provided only for babies younger than 2 years old and within the aircraft’s limits. To request a bassinet, you should contact Hainan Airlines at least 1 day before departure, and also fill in a Special Passenger Service Demand Sheet.
Bassinets or cradles are available on international flights, but you should consult with the ticket seller for availability – when booking tickets. The following wide-body aircraft are equipped with baby bassinets: Airbus A330 200, Airbus A330 300, Airbus A350 900, Boeing B787 8, Boeing B787 9.
If you want to bottle-feed your baby during the flight, you can bring your own baby formula, and the flight attendants will help you mix the baby milk powder. Hainan Airlines can provide nutritious baby/child meals for your child, but you have to inform the airline at least 24 hours prior to scheduled flight departure.
Most of the other things that you might need during a journey with your baby are provided directly by Hainan Airlines:
- If you are traveling with a child under the age of 5, you will enjoy a free priority check-in service.
- Passengers traveling with an infant need to check in at the airport check-in counter, but Online Check-in is available for families with children aged at least 2 years.
- If you are traveling with an infant, you can enjoy priority boarding service.
- All seats are equipped with two oxygen masks placed overhead, both for you and your baby.
- For safety reasons, baby seat belts are also provided in-flight.
- Aircraft in which baby bassinets are available can also provide, at your request, blankets and pillows, shortly after take-off.
- Diaper-changing boards are available in all planes.