What is Canjet policy on carry-on allowance?
On Canjet flights, passengers are allowed to carry in the cabin, without charge, a quantity of unchecked baggage, which is limited by number, weight and dimensions.
What is Canjet policy on checked baggage allowance?
Each passenger traveling on a Canjet flight is entitled to a free checked baggage allowance that corresponds to carriage in the hold, at no extra charge, of a quantity of baggage, limited by number, weight and dimension. This free baggage allowance is determined based on the destination and the fare paid.
When traveling on a Canjet flight, the carry-on allowance includes only one standard baggage item and one personal item and is limited to a weight of 10 kg (22 lbs). A standard baggage item must comply with the following maximum dimensions (L x W x H, including pockets, wheels, and handles): 23 x 40 x 51 cm (9 x 16 x 20 in). Your one piece of personal item allowed may be a diaper bag (when traveling with a baby), purse, laptop computer, or camera. Any baggage exceeding these specifications must be checked and, if it exceeds the allowable baggage, there will be fees applied.
It is also allowed to have a wedding dress as carry-on baggage (in a non-rigid garment bag which measurements do not to exceed 135 x 60 cm / 53 x 23.5 in), although there is no closet on-board. A musical instrument is allowed with a maximum weight of 10 kg (22 lbs) and maximum dimension of 23 x 40 x 51 cm (9 x 16 x 20 in). You can also carry on board a CPAP machine with maximum dimensions of 23 x 40 x 51 cm (9 x 16 x 20 in).
There are certain items that will not be accepted as checked baggage, including perishables or fragile articles, medical devices, medication, silverware, jewelry, laptop computers, electronics, business documents or other valuables. Syringes, hypodermic needles and Epi-Pen are only allowed for personal medical use during the flight (you must provide a doctor’s certification and/or a labeled medication).
If you carry any lighter, they must be included in a clear re-sealable bag in order to pass the security screening checkpoint, after that you must remove the lighter from the bag and carry it on your person. You cannot place a lighter or matches in your checked baggage. Electronic cigarettes are allowed, but they must remain stored in your carry-on baggage, when not in use.
Portable Oxygen Concentrators (POC)
If you require the use of supplemental oxygen on board, it is authorized for you to have a Portable Oxygen Concentrator on board, although they are required to comply with the following:
- They must be one of the following models: Inogen One, Sequal Eclipse, Airsep Lifestyle, Airsep Freestyle, or Respironics Evergo. These devices must be self-powered, as there is no power source available on board.
- The POC and its accessories have to be stored underneath the seat in front of the passenger.
- Spare batteries can only be carried as carry-on baggage under controlled conditions, they have to be individually protected and it’s limited to two spare batteries per person. Each spare battery cannot exceed: for lithium alloy or lithium metal batteries, a lithium content not greater than 2 grams; for lithium ion batteries, an equivalent lithium content not greater than 8 grams.
In order to use the POC on board you must possess and provide a written medical clearance statement signed by a licensed physician that:
- States whether the user of the device has the ability to hear, see and understand the device’s visual and aural cautions and warnings, and that he/she can take appropriate action in response to those cautions and warnings.
- States if the oxygen is or isn’t medically necessary for a portion or for all the duration of the trip.
- Specifies the maximum flow rate (corresponding to the pressure in the cabin).
Baggage must be checked at the Canjet counters before the check-in deadline for the flight. If you are connecting from your Canjet flight to another airline, you have to retrieve your checked baggage at the baggage carrousel and check it in with the airline you are traveling. Canjet doesn’t participate in any baggage interline agreement with any airline.
Free baggage allowance
Two is the maximum number of bags you can check-in on a Canjet flight, as long as the overall weight doesn’t exceed the specifications (the baggage allowance and the weight allowance) which depend on your destination and your travel class as follows:
- Canada to and from the United States and South: 20 kg (44 lbs); except Toronto to and from Montego Bay, Jamaica: 23 kg (51 lbs), if it’s noted on the ticket.
- Certain cruise passengers: 25 kg (55 lbs), if it’s noted on the ticket.
- When you purchase Canject Select in advance of departure date, you receive an additional of 10 kg (22 lbs) of checked weight.
- For all flights, the overall measurement of each checked-in baggage (L + W + H) must be less than 158 cm (62 in).
- The checked baggage cannot weight more than 32 kg (70 lbs) per item, due to safe working conditions.
Additional baggage allowance
Any additional kilogram of what’s specified will be charged as excess baggage with a rate of $ 15 CAD for each extra kilogram for Canadian originating passengers and $ 15 USD for each additional kilogram for United States or international originating passengers. One piece of baggage can never exceed 32 kg, and you can pay for it at the Canjet check-in counter.
$ 30 CAD
|32 kg (70 lbs)||–|
$ 100 CAD
|20 kg (44 lbs)|
Not longer than 3.65 m (12 ft).
|Free||20 kg (44 lbs)||–|
|Free||20 kg (44 lbs)|
14 clubs and 1 pair of shoes.
|Free*||20 kg (44 lbs)|
One set: empty scuba tank, tank harness, snorkel,
face mask, pressure gauge, pair of diving fins, knife,
regulator, air pistol, spear gun, and safety vest.
One reel, two rods and a tackle box.
|Free||20 kg (44 lbs)||–|
Cannont carry ammunition.
|Free*||20 kg (44 lbs)|
* If equipment and baggage combined exceed the free baggage allowance per person, the applicable excess baggage fees will apply.
Any kayak, canoe, pole vault, hand glider or windsurf board will not be accepted. You can also check music equipment for free, unless it exceeds the allowance (in that case the fee is the same as for the extra baggage). It must be packed in a rigid case.
When your baggage is not delivered upon arrival, you should report it to Canjet within 4 hours of arrival at the destination airport. When the baggage is delayed, Canjet compensates up to a maximum of $ 25 USD per day of delay (being the maximum cover up to 7 days). In order to receive the compensation you must contact and file a written request to the Baggage Central Department of Canjet within 21 days of your return, you must include the original PIR report (Property Irregularity Report). If Canjet has damaged the baggage, you must report it within 4 hours of your arrival to the Passenger Service Agent, and they will complete a PIR report. It’s important to keep the damaged luggage, even though you think is beyond repair.