1. Does Malev Hungarian Airlines offer Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Yes, Malev Hungarian Airlines offers the Unaccompanied Minor Service on request.
2. What is the age required for a child to qualify as an unaccompanied minor?
The service „Unaccompanied Minor" (UM) may be requested for minors between 2 and 16 years of age travelling unaccompanied by a passenger of at least 16 years of age. Please see below for additional details.
3. What are the fees of the Unaccompanied Minor Service offered by Malev Hungarian Airlines?
- Children between 2 and 5 may only travel on Malev Hungarian Airlines flights in the company of a separate flight attendant.
The actual fee for this service depends on the destination and you are advised to consult the ticketing agents or the Malév Service Centre for more information.
- Children between 5 and 12 years of age may travel independently as unaccompanied minors. In such cases, they receive extra attention and assistance by members of both cabin- and airport crew.
Service fee: Children's fare + EUR 25 per segment. If you would like to assign a separate flight attendant to your child, please let Malév know of this when purchasing the ticket. In such cases, the service fee is the total of the UM-fee and the flight attendant fee, which varies according to the destination.
- Minors between 12 and 16 years of age can travel on Malev Hungarian Airlines flights independently. On request, they are also eligible for UM-services.
Applicable fee: Adult fare + EUR 35 per segment. It is also possible to assign a separate flight attendant to your child of this age; however, in addition to the UM-fee, attendant charges also apply, which may vary by destination.
4. Are there any flight restrictions for the Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Please call the airline for information regarding any restrictions that may apply to this serviceon a certain route.
5. How do I book the Unaccompanied Minor Service for my kid(s)?
To book this service for your kid(s), please call Malev Hungarian Airlines.