How can I check in for a SilkAir flight?
SilkAir offers three options for passengers to check in for their flight:
- Online/Mobile Check-in.
- Kiosk Check-in.
- Counter Check-in.
When should I check in for a SilkAir flight?
Starting 48 hours before the flight, check-in services are open online, up to 90 minutes before departure.
Counter Check-in at Singapore Changi Airport is open from 48 hours up to 40 minutes before departure.
At other airports, SilkAir check-in counters usually open 2-3 hours before departure, and the check-in deadlines for SilkAir flights vary between 60 and 30 minutes before departure. If you do not complete check-in for your flight by the check-in deadline, you may be denied boarding and your seat may be given to another passenger.
The boarding gates close 10 minutes before departure time.
Passengers may check in online for a flight if they have a confirmed booking with SilkAir and a valid ticket. Online Check-in is available for all booking and ticket types, for flights departing from all destinations (except chartered destinations), and to all passengers, except:
- Minors (under 18 years) traveling alone (as an Unaccompanied Minor or young person traveling without an adult).
- Children and infants checking-in individually without an adult passenger (children must be checked-in simultaneously with an adult; if the accompanying adult has already completed the Online Check-in, then the child can only be checked in at the airport).
- Passengers who have requested medical and/or special assistance.
- Passengers in groups of more than 9 persons.
- Passengers whose first flight in the booking is not operated by SilkAir.
Online Check-in allows passengers (up to 9 passengers in the same booking) to check in, cancel check-in (not available once you have printed your boarding passes), change seats and print their boarding passes:
- You can choose to check in for all flights in your booking or only for the first flight. You can only check in online for codeshare flights operated by Singapore Airlines. You may check in online for connecting codeshare flights (Through Check-in) provided that the flight is preceded by a SilkAir operated flight, the codeshare flight is operated by Singapore Airlines and the connecting flight is open for check-in.
- From the seat map, you may change your seat. Although SilkAir will do its utmost to ensure that your seat selection is retained, due to operational exigencies, seats may have to be reassigned without prior notice. After Online Check-in is completed, you can change your seat only if the boarding pass has not been printed.
- Once the Check-in Summary page has been reached, you have been checked-in for your SilkAir flight. If the Self-Printed/Mobile Boarding Pass option is not available for you, you will have to collect your boarding pass at the check-in counter.
Self-Printed/Mobile Boarding Pass
If available, you can print your boarding pass online or download it on your mobile device after checking-in. The Self-Printed/Mobile Boarding Pass option is available if you are departing from the following airports.
| Self-Printed Boarding Pass &
Mobile Boarding Pass
|Self-Printed Boarding Pass
|♦ Australia – Cairns
|♦ Australia – Darwin
|♦ Philippines – Davao, Kalibo
|♦ Cambodia – Phnom Penh
|♦ Cambodia – Siem Reap
|♦ Myanmar – Mandalay
|♦ Malaysia: Kuala Lumpur, Penang
|♦ Malaysia – Langkawi
|♦ Vietnam – Danang
|♦ Philippines – Cebu
|♦ India – Bengaluru, Chennai, Coimbatore, Kochi, Kolkata,
|♦ Singapore – Singapore
|♦ Sri Lanka – Colombo
|♦ Indonesia – Balikpapan, Bandung, Denpasar, Lombok, Makassar,
Manado, Medan, Pekanbaru, Semarang, Surabaya, Yogyakarta
|♦ Thailand – Chiang Mai, Phuket
Some airports require all passengers to verify their travel documents at the check-in counter before proceeding to immigration. SilkAir has designated counters where passengers who have printed their boarding passes can verify the boarding pass (obtain an endorsement stamp) and check their baggage.
If no document verification (e.g., visa, credit card, passport) is required and you have no bags to check in, you can head straight to immigration check and then to the departure gate when you complete Online/Mobile Check-in for SilkAir flights departing from Singapore.
Kiosk Check-in for SilkAir flights is available at Singapore Changi Terminal 2 (Row 4) and Bengaluru Kempegowda International Terminal to all passengers with the following exceptions:
- Your passport/visa is not machine-readable.
- You have an unconfirmed or waitlisted booking.
- Unaccompanied Minors.
- Extra Seat booking (e.g., for cabin baggage such as musical instruments).
- You have special requirements (e.g., traveling with pets, medical assistance, etc.).
You can also check in baggage at the kiosk, and your bag tags will be printed along with your boarding passes. Once you have tagged your bags, you can proceed to the Bag Drop counter.
Passengers who cannot check in online, as well as passengers who have completed Online Check-in, but were not given the option of printing the boarding pass, must go to a SilkAir check-in counter to obtain their boarding pass. Every passenger must obtain the boarding pass before the check-in deadline.