What options do I have to check in for my Frontier Airlines flight?
Frontier Airlines offers you the choice of three check-in options:
- Online & Mobile Check-in.
- Kiosk Check-in.
- Service Counter Check-in.
What are the check-in time limits for Frontier Airlines flights?
The Online/Mobile Check-in time limit is 60 minutes prior to your flight’s departure time. The airport check-in time limits for Frontier Airlines flights, whether or not checking bags, are:
- 45 minutes before departure time – domestic flights (within the continental United States and Alaska).
- 60 minutes before departure time – all international flights.
Frontier Airlines reserves the right to cancel the reservation and pre-assigned seat of any passenger who fails to comply with the airport check-in time limits. Frontier Airlines advises passengers to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to departure, thus allowing sufficient time to complete all necessary requirements.
Where do I check in when my itinerary involves a connection to another airline?
You must check in with the airline operating the first flight segment of your travel itinerary. The operating carrier will be identified on your ticket and in your reservation. For example, if your Frontier Airlines ticket includes a Great Lakes connection, depending on your itinerary, you may have to check-in with Frontier Airlines for one direction of your travel and check-in with Great Lakes Airlines for the return portion of your trip.
Online & Mobile Check-in
For all Frontier Airlines flights, Online/Mobile Check-in is available from 24 hours up to 60 minutes before the departure time. To start checking in online, you need the passenger’s name (as it appears on your reservation) and the Frontier Airlines six-letter reservation code. At the end of check-in, you can print your boarding pass or get a Mobile Boarding Pass. Even if you’re unable to print your boarding pass, Online Check-in can help save time at the airport.
If you travel without checked baggage, just be sure to have your printed boarding pass and photo I.D. when you arrive at the airport and head straight for security.
If you plan to check baggage, Online/Mobile Check-in allows you to pre-pay baggage fees, and, upon arrival at the airport, you can follow the “Bag Drop” signs to designated lines available at all airports served by Frontier Airlines where you can drop your bags. You will have to pay any oversized and excess baggage fees at the airport. Also, if you want to check an item exempt from baggage fees, the fee can be waived only at the airport.
Kiosk Check-in is available in many airports where you can use self-service kiosks to view your itinerary, check yourself in, check bags, and print your boarding pass. To start check in at a self-service kiosk, you need to enter your Frontier Airlines six-letter reservation code, scan your confirmation, or swipe your ID, passport, or credit card.
Service Counter Check-in
Ticket counters within every airport terminal are available for passengers needing assistance to check in. Frontier Airlines Customer Service representatives will assist you with any baggage you’re checking, answer any questions you may have, and provide you with a valid boarding pass.
You must be present at the departure gate and ready to board at least 30 minutes prior to departure, otherwise your reservation may be subject to cancellation, and your seats assigned to other passengers. Frontier Airlines recommends arriving at the gate earlier, considering that boarding usually begins 30 to 35 minutes before departure time. Always remember to stay updated by checking the flight monitors at the airport, because your gate assignments and departure times can change due to operational requirements.
Using Zone Boarding to simplify the announcements and speed up the boarding process, Frontier Airlines will board passengers in the following order:
- Special Needs Boarding (no announcement) – anyone needing a wheelchair or other boarding assistance and Unaccompanied Minors. Because Frontier Airlines doesn’t announce Special Needs Boarding, when you arrive at the gate, you must check in with the Frontier agent if you require assistance with boarding.
- Zone 1 – Elite members of Frontier Miles and passengers who have purchased a carry-on bag or the WORKS or the PERKS bundle (Zone 1 boarding dependent on the selection of the carry-on bag option).
- Courtesy Boarding – families traveling with small children (under 3 years of age) and any other passengers requiring additional time or assistance with boarding.
- Zones 2-4 – passengers in Zones 2, 3, and 4 called in order from the aft of the aircraft forward.
To expedite boarding, Frontier Airlines may change the boarding order in select stations where both the front and rear aircraft doors are used for boarding from the ramp.