What check-in options does flydubai offer?
When traveling with flydubai, you have several self-service check-in options, as well as staffed check-in services:
- Online/Mobile Check-in.
- Home Check-in (Dubai only).
- Counter Check-in.
What are the check-in and boarding deadlines for flydubai flights?
Check-in counters open 3 hours before departure. At Dubai International Airport Terminal 2, Economy Class passengers can use counters 2 to 18, and Business Class passengers check-in counters 23 and 24.
For all flydubai flights, check-in counters close 60 minutes before departure. Boarding gates close 20 minutes before flight departure.
Available for almost all flydubai flights between 48 hours and 90 minutes before flight departure, Online/Mobile Check-in allows you to check in on flydubai.com with the booking reference number, departure city, and last name. Restrictions apply to certain bookings, for example:
- When the booking was paid online with a debit/credit card for a flight to/from one of the following destinations, you’ll not be able to check in online: Addis Ababa, Colombo, Faisalabad, Karachi, Kathmandu, Khartoum, Multan, Quetta.
- For multi-city flights, you will need to go to the check-in counter at the airport.
Once Online Check-in is complete, you are no longer able to add/modify the optional extras or change your booking.
Because of new passenger procedures due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you won’t get your boarding pass even if you’ve checked in online or via the flydubai mobile app. You must go to the check-in counter at the airport so that flydubai staff can verify your travel documents and issue your boarding pass. Make sure that you meet the latest travel requirements of the country you are departing from or traveling to, and your travel documents are valid by checking flydubai’s Covid Rules.
Home Check-in is a service offered in partnership with DUBZ that allows you to check in for your flight from anywhere in Dubai. The Home Check-in service is available only for flydubai flights departing from Dubai International Airport (DXB) and must be booked up to 6 hours before flight departure time. A dnata agent will come to your preferred location at the time you choose, between 24 to 4 hours before departure, to check you in and also check in your baggage. There is a fee (not including VAT) for Home Check-in:
- Baggage Check-in – AED 199 (up to 4 bags checked-in, and boarding pass and baggage tag received at home).
- Baggage Check-in & Sanitization – AED 249 (up to 4 bags checked-in and disinfected with a long-lasting protective coating, and boarding pass and baggage tag received at home).
- Extra bags – AED 40 per additional bag.
In the case of excess baggage, you must pay excess baggage fees at the airport.