1. What are the transport methods for pets provided by TAROM?
TAROM allows pets to travel in the passenger cabin or as checked baggage, in the cargo hold of the aircraft.
2. Can I take my pet in the passenger cabin?
TAROM only accepts cats and dogs in the cabin, as long as they are transported in a standard IATA cage and the requirements are met. Please visit this page for additional information.
3. How can I take my pet with me as checked baggage?
Please see this page for information regarding pets travelling in the cargo hold.
4. What are the kennel requirements?
Cages that comply with IATA's regulations are allowed for pets that travel on TAROM flights.
5. What kind of health documents do I need for my pet?
For travel in the Schengen space, the pet has to have a identification microchip and has to be vaccinated, according to the access requirements of the destination country. Please contact your veterinarian or the destination country for details.
6. Are there any other pet-related restrictions with TAROM?
- Transportation of pets in the hold is not allowed on the Airbus A318 planes.
- No pets are allowed on the flights to Great Britain (in the cabin nor the hold).
- A passenger can transport only one cage.
7. What are the fees TAROM is charging for pet transport services?
Please contact the airline for information regarding the fees that apply to pet transport services.