1. Does SWISS offer Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Yes, SWISS offers the Unaccompanied Minor Service on request.
2. What is the age required for a child to qualify as an unaccompanied minor?
SWISS accepts children between 5 and 12 years of age to travel as Unaccompanied Minors. While the service is mandatory for this age group, minors between 13 and 18 years of age can be booked as UMs on special request.
3. What are the fees of the Unaccompanied Minor Service offered by SWISS?
SWISS charges the following fees for the Unaccompanied Minor Service, one way:
- Within Switzerland: 65CHF/40EUR/50USD
- Direct flights within EU: 65CHF/40EUR/50USD
- Transfer flights within EU: 125CHF/80EUR/99USD
- All other flights to/from outside Europe:: 125CHF/80EUR/99USD
- From Canada: 99CAD
4. Are there any flight restrictions for the Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Please contact the airline for information regarding the restrictions that may apply to the Unaccompanied Minor Service on a certain route.
5. How do I book the Unaccompanied Minor Service for my kid(s)?
UM flights cannot be booked online, so please call SWISS Reservations to book this service for your kid(s).