How can I check in for a SilkAir flight?
SilkAir offers two options for passengers to check in for their flight:
- Online Check-in.
- Counter Check-in.
When should I check in for a SilkAir flight?
Starting 48 hours before the flight, check-in services are open online, up to 2 hours before departure, and also at Singapore Changi Airport, up to 40 minutes before departure. At other airports, SilkAir check-in counters usually open 2-3 hours before departure, and the check-in deadlines for SilkAir flights vary between 60 and 30 minutes before departure. If you do not complete check-in for your flight by the check-in deadline, you may be denied boarding and your seat may be given to another passenger.
Passengers may check in online for a flight if they have a confirmed booking with SilkAir and a valid ticket. Online Check-in is available for all booking and ticket types, for flights departing from all destinations (except Koh Samui, Thailand), and to all passengers, except:
- Minors (under 18 years) traveling alone (as an unaccompanied minor or young person traveling without an adult).
- Children and infants checking-in individually without an adult passenger (children must be checked-in simultaneously with an adult; if the accompanying adult has already completed the Online Check-in, then the child can only be checked in at the airport).
- Passengers who have requested medical and/or special assistance.
- Passengers in groups of more than 9 persons.
- Passengers whose first flight in the booking is not operated by SilkAir.
Online Check-in allows passengers (up to 9 passengers in the same booking) to check in, cancel check-in (not available once you have printed your boarding passes), change seats and print their boarding passes:
- You can choose to check in for all flights in your booking or only for the first flight. You can only check in online for codeshare flights operated by Singapore Airlines. You may check in online for connecting codeshare flights (Through Check-in) provided that the flight is preceded by a SilkAir operated flight, the codeshare flight is operated by Singapore Airlines and the connecting flight is open for check-in.
- From the seat map, you may change your seat. Although SilkAir will do its utmost to ensure that your seat selection is retained, due to operational exigencies, seats may have to be reassigned without prior notice. After Online Check-in is completed, you can change your seat only if the boarding pass has not been printed.
- Once the Check-in Summary page has been reached, you have been checked-in for your SilkAir flight. If the Self-Printed Boarding Pass option is not available for you, you will have to collect your boarding pass at the check-in counter.
- If available, you can print your boarding pass online after checking-in. SilkAir has designated counters where passengers who have printed their boarding passes can verify the boarding pass (obtain an endorsement stamp) and check their baggage. The Self-Printed Boarding Pass option* is available if you are departing from:
- Australia - Darwin.
- China - Shenzhen.
- India - Coimbatore, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Indonesia - Balikpapan, Bandung, Lombok, Manado, Medan, Palembang, Pekanbaru, Solo, Surabaya.
- Malaysia - Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur, Kuching, Langkawi, Penang.
- Philippines - Cebu, Davao.
- Thailand - Chiang Mai, Phuket.
- Vietnam - Da Nang.
*This option is not available for connecting flights bound for the US.
Passengers who cannot check in online, as well as passengers who have completed Online Check-in, but were not given the option of printing the boarding pass, must go to a SilkAir check-in counter to obtain their boarding pass. Every passenger must obtain the boarding pass before the check-in deadline:
- 30 minutes before departure - Balikpapan, Chiang Mai, Koh Samui, Kunming, Langkawi, Lombok, Medan, Palembang, Pekanbaru, Phnom Penh, Phuket, Solo, Surabaya.
- 40 minutes before departure - Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Da Nang, Darwin, Hanoi, Kuala Lumpur, Kuching, Manado, Penang, Semarang, Shenzhen, Singapore, Wuhan, Xiamen, Yangon.
- 45 minutes before departure - Bandung, Cebu, Davao, Kota Kinabalu.
- 60 minutes before departure - Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Kathmandu, Kochi, Kolkata, Thiruvanathapuram.
More information here >>