1. What is the carry-on allowance?
LAN Airlines allows its passengers to carry one bag and one personal item, with the weight being limited to 16 kg for Premium Class passengers, and 8 kg for those flying in the Economy Class. All bags should have maximum 55 X 35 X 25 cm.
For detailed information regarding baggage allowances on various routes serviced by LAN Airlines, please visit this page.
2. What is the checked baggage allowance?
Premium Class passengers have an allowance of three pieces, with a maximum weight of 23 kg/50 lb each on all routes. Economy Class passengers get different allowances, depending on the route of travel. Please visit this page for details.
3. What about oversized/overweight and excess luggage fees?
Please visit this page to get updated information regarding excess baggage fees charged by LAN Airlines.
4. How does LAN Airlines handle special items?
All sporting equipment will be considered part of the checked baggage exemption (according to the route and cabin class purchased), as long as:
- They are securely packed within one piece of luggage (a bag or case specially designed for its transport).
- Its volume does not exceed 203 linear cm.
- Its weight does not exceed 45 kilograms (except on routes to / from Europe and connection with Iberia, Qantas and British Airways).
- They meet the security conditions required for checked baggage (for example, does not include any dangerous items).