1. What are the transport methods for pets provided by Egyptair?
EgyptAir allows pets to travel in the passenger cabin or as checked baggage.
2. Can I take my pet in the passenger cabin?
Please call EgyptAir for information about travelling with a pet in the passenger cabin.
3. How can I take my pet with me as checked baggage?
EgyptAir accepts live animals for carriage as checked baggage (dogs, cats, household birds and other pets) when properly prepared and accompanied by valid health vaccination certificate.
4. What are the kennel requirements?
Weight of animals and their containers should not exceed 5 kg. The dimensions of the container must not exceed 45x35x20 cm.
5. What kind of health documents do I need for my pet?
EgyptAir does not require a health certificate for your animal, but some destinations do. Please consult your veterinarian and the Department of Agriculture to ensure that your animal will comply with all requirements.
6. Are there any other pet-related restrictions with Egyptair?
Cats and dogs are allowed in the United Kingdom, South Africa, Qatar and United Arab of Emirates only as freight in the aircraft hold.
Cats and dogs are not allowed in Republic of Yemen even if as freight in the aircraft hold.
Animals which are not accompanied by a passenger or which are of Unusual size and nature only be carried as cargo.
Pet travel is not possible on Boeing 737 flights.
7. What are the fees Egyptair is charging for pet transport services?
The pet and its container are weighed together and charged as excess baggage. For USA and Canada flights, a set charge is applied.
Please call EgyptAir for information regarding the fees that apply.