Are passengers allowed to travel with pets on Corsair flights?
Passengers may travel with pets either in the passenger cabin or as checked baggage, depending on the size and weight of the pet. However, the following restrictions apply for carrying pets:
- Not allowed to and from Mauritius.
- Not accepted on any Corsair flight: American Staffordshire Terriers, Rottweilers and Tosas.
- Accepted under special conditions: Bullmastiffs, Bull Terriers, Cane Corso, Dogo Argentino, Dogue de Bordeaux, Great Dane, Fila Brasileiro, Fila de San Miguel, Neapolitan Mastiff and Presa Canario.
What are the general conditions for the carriage of pets on Corsair flights?
Your pet must be at least 4 months old (8 weeks old for flights between metropolitan France and Guadeloupe, Martinique and Reunion), and you must make a booking with Corsair at least 72 hours before departure. At check-in, you must present the following documents:
- A certificate of rabies vaccination given at least 30 days before travel but not more than 12 months before travel (not mandatory to/from Fort-de-France, Pointe-à-Pitre and Saint-Denis).
- An identification marking or microchip certificate.
- The passport or up-to-date health record.
- A good health certificate issued within 5 days of the travel date (this certificate must be issued by the veterinary authorities of the destination country if the stay is for more than 15 days).
Pets in the Cabin
Pets may travel in the cabin, as hand baggage, except on flights to/from Saint Lucia, Saint Barthelemy or Saint Martin. Dogs, cats, but also birds or small rodents (hamster, rabbit, guinea pig, white mouse, domestic rat), may be carried in the cabin in an appropriate cage. Cold-blooded animals are not accepted in the cabin and must travel in the hold.
You can travel with only one pet in the cabin. The maximum weight of the pet and its container is 5 kg. Above this weight, your pet must travel in the hold.
Your pet must be kept in a regulatory container locked throughout the flight. So that it can be placed under your seat, this container must not exceed the hand luggage dimensions of maximum 115 cm (55 x 40 x 20 cm).
Your pet is not included in the hand baggage allowance, and you must pay the following fee:
- €50 – flights between Paris and Dzaoudzi, Fort-de-France, Pointe-à-Pitre, or Reunion.
- €75 – flights between Paris and Antananarivo, Abidjan, Dakar, or Montreal.
Pets in the Hold
Your pet must be placed in a cage without wheels, approved for air transport. Only rigid plastic cages are accepted; metal cages are prohibited. In addition to being as solid as possible, the cage must not show any sign of deterioration. Even a minor crack or missing pieces may lead to rejection at check-in.
The permitted weight of the pet and its container is maximum 50 kg. Above this weight, your pet will need to travel as cargo. Two pets may be transported in the same cage, as long as they are used to living together, and of similar weight and breed. The weight of the each pet must not exceed 14 kg.
Your pet is not included in the free baggage allowance, and you must pay the following fee:
- €100 – flights between Paris and Dzaoudzi, Fort-de-France, Pointe-à-Pitre, or Reunion.
- €150 – flights between Paris and Antananarivo, Abidjan, Dakar, or Montreal.
- Twice the fee – for transporting two pets in the same cage.
Guide Dogs will be allowed in the cabin, free of charge, provided that the dog does not occupy a seat, is properly harnessed, muzzled and kept on the lead. As for all pets, a prior request at least 72 hour before departure is necessary.
The carriage of emotional support animals is not permitted in the cabin even when the passenger supplies a medical certificate giving evidence of the quality of emotional support of its animal. However, emotional support animals may be transported in the hold.