1. What are the transport methods for pets provided by Austrian Airlines?
Austrian Airlines allows pets to travel in the passenger cabin or checked as baggage in a pressurized and temperature controlled area of the aircraft.
2. Can I take my pet in the passenger cabin?
Only small dogs or cats are allowed in the passenger cabin, as long as the animal is placed in a leak-proof, secure kennel with the maximum dimensions of 55 cm x 40 cm x 23 cm and a weight below 8 kg (pet + carrier).
3. How can I take my pet with me as checked baggage?
Animals that cannot be transported in the passenger cabin will be carried in the air-conditioned, heated cargo hold of the aircraft. Please provide your own appropriately sized, approved transport container and notify Austrian Airlines in advance of dimensions and weight to assure enough space is available!
4. What are the fees Austrian Airlines is charging for pet transport services?
Austrian Airlines charges different fees for pet transport services depending on the transport method and destination. Please call the airline for information about the charges your pet may be subject to.
5. What kind of health documents do I need for my pet?
Please consult your veterinarian, the airline and this document for information about the required health documents needed when travelling with a pet.
6. Are there any other pet-related restrictions with Austrian Airlines?
Service dogs are carried free of charge on all Austrian Airlines flights, but they have to be booked in advance.
7. What are the kennel requirements?
Please see above for requirements when travelling with a pet in the passenger cabin. For pets expected to travel in the cargo hold, please call the airline for details.