1. What are the transport methods for pets provided by Aircalin?
Aircalin allows animals to be shipped as cargo in a pressurized and temperature controlled area of the aircraft and, in exceptional cases, in the passenger cabin.
2. Can I take my pet in the passenger cabin?
Please contact Aircalin for information regarding the possibility of traveling with your pet in the passenger cabin.
3. How can I take my pet with me as checked baggage?
Book transportation 3 weeks prior to departure, at Service Fret AIRCALIN, Office of the Baie de l’Orphelinat (phone: 26 55 22).
4. What are the kennel requirements?
The cage must comply with Arcalin standards (plastic rigid body with absorbent mat) and it should allow the animal to stand inside it.
5. What kind of health documents do I need for my pet?
Depending on each country, required certificates may be:
- Vaccination card
- Veterinary certificate of good health attesting that the animal does not have any infectious disease
- Certificate of origin attesting that the country or region where the animal originates has remained free of contagious illness for a set period of time
- Authorization certificate from phytosanitary services of the country of destination
6. Are there any other pet-related restrictions with Aircalin?
Aircalin can refuse to transport an animal due to illness, poor kenneling, aggressive behavior, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports. Always contact the airline well in advance of your flight's departure for last-minute information on this topic.
7. What are the fees Aircalin is charging for pet transport services?
For carriage of animals to France, you need to contact Service Fret AIRCALIN, Office of the Baie de l’Orphelinat (phone: 26 55 22) to get information regarding the fees that may apply and at least 3 weeks prior to departure for booking.
When sending animals from France to New Caledonia, contact the forwarding agent for information:
Kuhne et Nagel
Zone Fret 2 Aéroport Charles de Gaule
95700 Roissy en France
Tél : 01.48.62.25.54
Tél Direction : 01.48.62.25.65
Fax : 01.48.62.85.90